About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Sr. Web Engineer - Gerber Life InsuranceApply Now Job Number 18007808 Company Nestle Nutrition Location White Plains, New York
Gerber Life Insurance Company has been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
A core team of developer professionals is needed to internally build a commercial grade life insurance policy management system platform that will position Gerber Life to better compete in the marketplace.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver high-velocity and quality web solutions enabling Gerber Life to execute its business plan.
The ideal candidate is a life insurance web engineer by trade able to meaningfully contribute with large teams of web engineers to maximize revenue and cost savings opportunity through the delivery of life insurance software.
Proven success delivering life insurance new business for public facing websites with large web engineering teams to continually meet business plans is mandatory.
- Responsible for overall performance and modifications to Gerber Life's customer facing website and agency partner sales portal representing 65+% of total sales
- Personally delivers complex life insurance related website related enhancement demands by coding, debugging and testing programs using all technologies in place across the entire team
- Collaborates with all FTE and external consultant web engineering teams on a daily basis to ensure planned delivery targets are met
- Provides web engineering instruction and guidance for all new and junior team members
- Applies behavioral driven development across all projects and is specifically accountable for protecting all software delivered by establishing test automation as a means of regression protection for subsequent improvement iterations
- Aligns website adaptation with enterprise architecture
- Adheres to software delivery standards to minimize complexity and build web engineering team knowledge to enable quick software developer contribution by new employees and contractors.
- Meets website delivery standards to reinforce all data security standards, peer review, iterative team inspection and adaptation.
- Contributes to the optimization of continuous integration and applies required infrastructure, technologies and techniques for rapidly introducing public and agency partner facing website changes.
- Meets website enhancement quality targets (defect targets).
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- MS Computer Science or Systems Engineering
- 3-5 years life insurance software engineering experience
- 5 years software engineering experience
- 3-5 years direct marketing web engineering for public facing revenue generating websites; 3-5 years software engineering for back-office applications supporting user base of several hundred (life insurance systems experience preferred)
- 5 years agile software delivery experience
- 3-5 years BDD experience
- Enterprise systems thinking - specifically the ability to see how individual systems and applications parts interact with the enterprise (big picture thinking).
- Comprehensive knowledge of infrastructure, applications, integration, database, agile delivery methods, build and deployment processes, software development and systems engineering.
- Extensive experience managing direct marketing revenue generating public and agency sales partner facing websites
- Websphere application server
- Knowledge of J2EE, JMS, JSP / Servlets
- SOAP, HTML and REST within an ESB centric architecture
- RESTful API construction and consumption, JSON and XML
- Version control (SVN and GIT), build (Ant, Maven and Gradle) & deployment tools (Jenkins & GIT)
- Communication and team building and the mix of good technical skill and the ability to lead are crucial and the Sr. Web Engineer must be viewed as a leader in the enterprise by the IT organization, the clients they serve, and management.
- Exceptional executive-level communication skills (written / oral) and ability to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders, including those who do not have a technical background as well as strong negotiation, problem-solving skills and ability to work with software delivery teams to make decisions in a timely manner to keep projects on track.
- Expert Cucumber and BDD practitioner
- Strong market / situational awareness & decision making abilities
- Must be a Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented
- Life insurance subject matter expert
- Direct marketing subject matter expert
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.