ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Buying AssociateApply Now Job Number 18008476 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Springfield, Missouri
- Develop and manage supply chain processes for raw materials to maintain accurate inventory levels that meet the plant production schedule
- Develop relationships with current suppliers; negotiate cost and manage the shipment of raw materials. Continuously identify opportunities with existing and new suppliers to decrease the cost of incoming raw materials and deliver cost savings initiatives
- Source and create purchase orders for maintenance parts, including both the parts tracked as inventory and non-inventory parts
- Review inbound shipments as needed and determine if they meet quality standards. Drive NCE continuous improvement especially focusing on quality of materials and zero waste
- Coordinate Plant recycling efforts to determine efficient recycling streams, where possible. Focus on engagement in the process and ways to build engagement in others
- Review and process invoices from suppliers to ensure on-time payment and no disruption in materials or services
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1+ years’ experience in procurement, accounting, purchasing, or related (military experience applicable)
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran