ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
MachinistApply Now Job Number 15005013 Company Nestle USA Location Solon, Ohio
POSITION SUMMARY – A shop machinist who is capable of machining and fabricating parts, troubleshooting equipment, maintaining and repairing machinery within a plant production atmosphere
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Machine parts to close tolerances
Work with Engineering & Maintenance to solve technical problems
Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment to detect malfunction.
Work with operators and other mechanics to troubleshoot problems.
Initiate preventative maintenance and complete scheduled PMs in a timely manner.
Track all work orders through SAP
Initiate continuous improvement projects to improve line efficiency
Reduce technical downtime in the factory by responding to calls and fixing problems with a sense of urgency.
Other duties assigned.
• Must be able to make decisions regarding repairs
• Previous machining, fabricating, and welding experience required.
• Previous maintenance experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
• Must observe good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
• Must follow safety rules and procedures.
• Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week on an assigned shift with some daily overtime and weekend overtime.
• Good interpersonal skills
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran