Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and the city of Cleveland, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area was ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the US by Forbes Magazine? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
This position plays a critical role in implementing financial controls over fixed assets and capital spending for Nestlé. This includes managing and maintaining fixed assets policies and procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for controlling and maintaining the Fixed Asset Sub-ledger within GLOBE SAP as well as Project Systems for Capital Spending.
Gathers and interprets financial information effectively and transforms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities. The analyst also interacts with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results, and ensures the integrity of the fixed assets system.
Supports Divisional and Corporate management by providing timely, accurate and relevant financial information to guide management in decision making. Records fixed assets transactions in SAP in a timely manner. Prepares reports on a quarterly basis on all fixed asset activities. Ensures proper and timely capitalization in compliance with Nestlé Accounting Standards. Participates in the Fixed Asset physical inventories at all of the plants and other asset locations to ensure compliance with Nestlé Accounting Standards. Prepares ad hoc financial analysis for divisional and corporate customers.
• Enforce the Fixed Assets Policy and ensure compliance with Nestle Accounting Standards (NAS).
• Ensure that Fixed Assets are properly recorded – review on a monthly basis all capitalization done by the plants/locations. Ensure depreciation years, assets class are in compliance with (NAS) Nestle accounting standards.
• Record Fixed Assets transactions such as capitalization, transfers, retirements, impairments and others in the Assets Sub-ledger
• Participate in the Fixed Asset physical inventory process in accordance with Nestle accounting standards. Ensure that the fixed assets inventories are performed, reconciled and are properly recorded.
• Support field users with SAP Project Systems and Fixed Assets Sub-ledger
• Perform Period End Close responsibilities, Month End Reporting, Plant and Divisional Fixed Assets support and Audit support
• Perform Ad Hoc analyses, as needed
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in Accounting/Finance
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
• Must be willing to travel 10% to 15% of the time, including some Sunday travel.
• Knowledge of fixed assets accounting is a plus
• Food industry experience preferred but not required
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
• Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes.
• Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
• Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) - for internal candidates
• Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing
• Proven ability to perform balance sheet & profit/loss account reconciliations & analysis
• Demonstrated ability to comply with policies & procedures
• Ability to perform analyses of variance between actual costs and budgeted/planned costs
• Basic financial modelling skills
• Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, and basic PowerPoint; SAP (or the equivalent) experience
Demonstrated ability to:
• Build relationships at various levels and influence decisions
• Solve problems; synthesize information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive and actionable analysis.
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Commit to the first-time quality and accuracy in all work
• Manage/organize time, information and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
• Solve problems independently when appropriate
• Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and verbal form
• Be service oriented, attentive to detail and committed to achieve customer / company goals
• Work effectively within a team environment
• Negotiation skills
• Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran