About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Maintenance Engineering SupervisorApply Now Job Number 18000490 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Phoenix, Arizona
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
- Champion and lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, including the pursuit of TPM
- Ensures the factory Asset Maintenance Management system and Engineering systems are in compliance with standards
- Utilize and model our beliefs in the execution of daily work activities and decision making
- Build relationships with frontline team members, internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets.
- Maintaining safe environment and safety practices in all business initiatives – help drive SHE Pillar Activities
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies
- Ensure that a high quality of products, housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Review daily achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and off floor review meetings.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the Technical team to get resolution.
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for Line Specific technical operations, specifically production line maintenance and processing equipment maintenance
- Assist with leading the preventative maintenance process, defining processes, driving improvements and achieving KPI targets on specific line ownership
- Help lead change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts, including the implementation of a LEAN manufacturing environment
- Build relationships with frontline team members to help create and maintain a positive work environment
- Partner with internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to ensure achievement of targets
- Maintain cleanliness to GMP standards and ensure all safety standards are met
- Effectively communicate safety, quality, technical and training issues to team
- Review daily maintenance and operational effectiveness to identify opportunities for improvement and work with the team to get resolution
- Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures – BDA’s and GSTD’s
- Ensure financial targets for Variable Labor are met for Line specific ownership
- Facilitate shift handoff and shift debrief execution
- Continuously evaluate and improve preventative maintenance tasks and plans
- Develop and manage the timeline and tasks associated with preventative maintenance windows
- Hands-on execution of technical tasks
- Technical training and coaching of Maintenance Mechanics and Production Technicians
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or relevant four-year technical degree preferred, particularly in industrial engineering, industrial technology, or similar disciplines
- 5+ years operations / technical experience / 3+ years leadership experience
- Certifications or training such as PLC (Allen Bradley) troubleshooting & programming, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), MP2 (Modern Maintenance Techniques), and SAP are a plus
- Prior experience in a beverage (bottling / blowmolding), food or other clean manufacturing environment in a leader or supervisor capacity and with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulations preferred.
- Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead organizational initiatives and change
- Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability
- Continuous improvement or process improvement experience. Green belt or black belt certification preferred.
- Prior experience with TPM a plus!
- Increase in responsibilities over time, reflected in new work assignments, career advancements, and larger scope of work.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite applications; SAP experience a plus.
- Grasp of financial factors related to Technical & Production Performance.
- Understanding of Technical & Production processes.
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial electricity, mechanical power transmission, and fluid piping systems
- Effective project management and problem solving skills
- Experience implementing Safety and Quality systems
- Sustain and grow a culture of strong employee engagement
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work days & nights with schedule flexibility as needed to cover peer vacations
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.