ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
General LaborApply Now Job Number 18000962 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
We are seeking a General Laborer likely for a back shift.
Incumbent must be able to perform effectively in all areas of the plant in assisting with sanitation, promotional drops, case picking, inventory, etc. Incumbent must be able to lift 55 pounds and adhere to all safety regulations and requirements in the plant. Safely produce quality products at the right rate and right time, using Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) processes and tools.
1. Empties cardboard recycle bins, safely operates bailer, bands bales and removes from cardboard bundler
2. Operates walkie, sweeper, and/or scrubber safely
3. Push and dump trash buggies
4. Assist with plant sanitation, properly handling sanitizing agents, includes sweeping, washing, emptying waste containers, including shutdown clean up
5. Handles promotional drops effectively
6. Assists with fines trailer, monitors trailers holding levels, sanitation of trailer and surrounding area
7. Accurately and efficiently builds special pallets
8. Operates label machine and applies barcode stickers to pallets at line haul
9. Assist with Storeroom inventory/parts labeling
10. Assists with fire watch/confined space attendant
11. Conducts meter readings
12. Dye making
13. Other duties as assigned plant wide
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a history of good work attendance, the ability to work well with others, and the willingness to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
This location participates in E-Verify.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma/G.E.D.
Experience (Years/Type) Must be literate and able to safely operate label machine, bailer, walkie, scrubber or sweeper. Must be able to adjust as fluctuations in business dictate.
Skills: Basic computer skills helpful
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran