About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
District Sales Manager - Los Angeles, CAApply Now Job Number 18001085 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Los Angeles, California
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a District Sales Managerbased out of the Los Angeles, CA area. This position is responsible for leading a team Pediatric Nutrition Representatives in California, Oregon, and Washington, and reports in to the Field Sales Director Central West.
The primary responsibilities include the overall leadership of the team and the strategic management of assigned medical sales channel resources (Associates, Budgets, and Assets) in order to achieve the Nestlé Infant Nutrition sales and market share objectives for the GERBER Start Healthy, Stay Healthy Nutrition system.
The role will drive a high level awareness and subsequent HCP recommendation and consumer endorsement of GERBER Infant and Toddler Nutrition products within the medical channel through activation of the GERBER SHSH Nutrition System amongst targeted institutions (i.e.: Hospitals (term nursery and NICU, Pediatricians, Neonatologists, Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Materials Management) and Public Health Agency State WIC).
Achieve Business Objectives
- Based upon regional sales objectives, ensure the KPI’s are achieved. Strategically execute the resources available to achieve sales and market share objectives. Provides local market strategy and leads sales execution within the region.
Develop and Lead People
- Acquisition, Development, and Retention. Oversees the recruitment, selection, training, evaluation and optimal deployment of sales associates based on overall organization business objectives. Provides leadership and development for associates, effectively motivating and developing the associates on the team. Works in conjunction with Medical Sales Leadership and HR on talent succession planning goals for the region. Develop and coach associates to achieve performance objectives and provide developmental opportunities in preparation for expanded scope of responsibility. Conducts field coaching sessions in territory and assists with the development of customer-specific strategies.
- Ensures associates create effective relationships with customers in the execution of the GERBER Start Healthy, Stay Healthy Nutrition system with our vision of becoming “The recognized leader in nutrition by healthcare providers for the first 1000 days of life”. Enables negotiation of contracts with hospital accounts. Communicates the leadership objectives and strategies, priorities and decisions to key stakeholders (e.g. KOL’s, WIC Directors, Hospital groups etc.). Participates in professional and industry conventions, seminars and other educational events to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Drive Business Intelligence Expertise (Customer Knowledge) within the Medical Channel; Drive Market Intelligence Expertise (Competitor, Healthcare Industry, Government Nutrition Programs, Professional Associations); Business Acumen and Operational Efficiency; Science and Nutrition Expertise; Effective Selling, Medical Detailing and Negotiation Skills; Results Focus
- Actively participates in steps 1-6 of the ICP process. Leads direct reports to develop annual target build for customers. Oversees and validates annual customer attributes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Nutrition industry.
- 3-5+ years of proven experience in leading a Sales Team and successful experience in leadership roles in training and/or strategic account management.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience selling into and/or working in a hospital institution.
- 70% travel required: Field-based with representatives and to Nestlé corporate office as needed.
- Some evenings and weekends will be required to attend educational programs such as professional conventions, Local Speaker Bureau Events, and Local Promotional Events.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.