About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Factory ControllerApply Now Job Number 18000368 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Kingfield, Maine
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our logistics backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful – not least is you’ll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We’ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you’ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits – everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Factory Controller to be located in our Kingfield, ME location.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing a professional financial perspective to the factory and inventory control operations, ensuring that adequate control procedures are in place, especially where there is a risk of material exposure as well as providing factory management with information and guidance, with a view to optimize the use of resources and achieve budget plans.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial plans, including budgets, forecasts and headcount analysis, based on the published timetable.
- Identify potential improvements in cost effectiveness and to make proposals to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure that there is a compliance with Nestle accounting policies and procedures, and technical standards.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial and non-financial reports. Train users in the process and educate factory team as to the value and purpose of the information produced.
- Implement control procedures and reporting systems in conjunction with others, either as a company project or local initiative, for both factory and inventory control (i.e. physical inventory, reconciliation of record & physical stocks, accounting adjustments).
- Monitor actual financial performance against plan, to prepare variance analyses and coordinate the release of KPI and other information.
- Work as an integral member of the senior management team at the factory, providing financial expertise, data analysis and operational insight, co-piloting the business and driving continuous improvement.
- Engage in NCE and TPM activities. Ownership for the factory OMP (Operational Master Plan).
- Assess financial implications associated with these initiatives and educate/influence the leadership team.
- Participate in providing and or verifying information for capital investment applications, capital justifications, and approval sign-off.
- Ensure that all assets are tagged and accounted for in the asset register. Ensure that all transfers, disposals and sale of assets are timely and accurately recorded. Do quarterly asset reconciliations and report any variances.
- Participate in productivity improvement proposals and any other factory and warehouse studies.
- Control the accounts payable and payroll processes within the factory.
- Actively manages career development of direct reports, reviews performance, and provides coaching and counseling as required to increase performance.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field. MBA or graduate-level degree in accounting or finance preferred. CPA, CMA a plus.
- Six or more years of experience in Finance, with cost accounting experience
- Prior finance experience in a manufacturing or consumer products company.
- Experience leading and developing a team of people responsible for accounting and payroll activities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, serving with a sense of urgency
- Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with a focus on problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management software, SAP preferred.
- Skilled at coaching employees and facilitating change as needed.
- Ability to travel for regional and national meetings as needed (2-4 meetings/year)
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.