About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Thermal Process TechnicianApply Now Job Number 18005201 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Thermal Process Technician at our Fremont, MI facility.
Factory Thermal Processing Technician works under the direction of the Thermal Process Engineer, to ensure compliance to all internal and external regulations.
1. Maintains daily Thermal Process activities of the factory: Prepare Thermal Processing Specifications for each thermal process, review, trend and troubleshoot daily thermal process records, thermal processing CCPs and calibration records. Escalate issues and develop/execute corrective and preventative actions.
2. In the event of serious non-compliance, has authority to stop a Thermal Process or a line producing thermally processed products: responds timely to issues, establish corrections, responsible for the identification of process deviations / non-conformances and the implementation of actions to ensure product safety and commercial sterility, leads incident investigations and prepares summary reports.
3. Re-validates existing Thermal Processes and re-qualifies Thermal Process equipment: assist in coordination of equipment maintenance, verification, data back-up and validation, co-ordinate and assist with process establishment and validation studies by Thermal Processing Experts, prepare factory sterility control program and establish failure rate limits, perform temperature and time distribution tests.
4. Ensures that Thermal Process reports and related documents in the factory are up-to-date: contributes to HACCP studies and plans, maintain complete documentation for all manufactured products, prepare operating procedures for factory thermal processing operations.
5. Develops processes to ensure Thermal Process compliance. Participates in related audits.
All employees will support and participate in Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of there job responsibility within their Business Unit or as assigned within the factory.
Employee shall follow Fremont Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report unsafe conditions immediately, report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent (microbiology, chemistry, food technology, process engineering or other related field)
• 3 to 5 years previous experience in a food manufacturing or manufacturing setting preferred.
• Better Process School Certification
• Ability to work effectively and communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
• Highly organized, ability to troubleshoot and drive appropriate corrective/preventative actions.
• Effective leadership, reading, writing, communication, and computer skills.
• HACCP Development
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.