About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Plant HygienistApply Now Job Number 17008553 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Provides the technical expertise and leadership necessary to establish and maintain procedures in GMP requirements, sanitation, food safety, good hygiene practices and pest control in order to assure compliance with all federal, state, existing regulatory and Nestle quality systems.
1. People and know-how: Promote food safety, hygiene awareness across the factory contributing to competence development of plant professionals. Assist others in topics related to food safety / HACCP, hygiene, and pest control.
2. System design: Define and update the specific quality procedures, instruction and tools, which are directly related to food safety/HACCP, hygiene, and pest control. Is a member of all HACCP teams.
3. Act as an NGMP champion coordinating NGMP training and development of standards using NCE concepts and design and ensuring compliance to the internal Nestlé requirements
4. Quality mastership:
- Ensure the implementation of the Nestlé Continuous Excellence program in the quest for zero defect, including root cause analysis after incidents (or near misses) and DMAIC.
- Ensure compliance with the Nestlé Quality Management System requirements and other applicable instructions and standards.
- Deliver training for food safety/HACCP, hygiene, and pest control
5. Quality auditing and verification: In food safety/HACCP, hygiene, and pest control, assess that the Nestlé Quality Management System is in place, and is obtaining expected results
All employees will support and participate in Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of their job responsibility within their Business Unit or as assigned within the factory.
Responsible to have safe work instructions available for all positions, processes are run in accordance with SOP’s, SOPP’s and other documentation. All employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
To assure activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management systems.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• BS food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field (preferred food science related).
• Will accept minimum 3-5 years of related Quality Experience.
• Preferred qualification: registered sanitarian (by FDA, Public Health Service).
• Able to work flexible hours and cover all shifts when necessary.
• Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, GMP’s and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality.
• Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS and ISO standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
Demonstrated Competence in food safety / HACCP, hygiene, and pest control to support business requirements:
• Team member in a factory: Quality, Production Support, Application Group; or
• Team member in the quality department of the market, PTC/R&D, Centre, NRC, NQACs, or
• Team member in the quality department of the market, regulatory agency or business experience
Experience in successfully implementing quality assurance programs:
• Participating in project teams
• Leading part of a change effort
• Participating in audit teams and/or improvement projects with more senior staff members
• Establishing networks of peers, in market or factories
• Ability to communicate efficiently internally and externally.
• Ability to build personal relationships with different functions of the value chain based on trust and open communication.
• Developed training and coaching skills.
• Focus on quality and customers and able to provide solutions.
• Able to work in a network.
• At ease with databases and reporting trends to management
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran