ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Mechanic III (Electrical Specialist)Apply Now Job Number 17007318 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Knowledge of various tools is required for fabrication and repair of plant electrical systems including hand tools, lifts, threaders, benders, drills, and welding equipment.
- Ability to complete lock out/tag out requirements for safety.
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of plant systems to identify root cause and implement solutions for equipment reliability.
- Continuous understanding and adherence to latest plant electrical standards and procedures including those for hazardous (Classified) Locations, N.E.C (National Electric Code) and plant wiring standards.
- Proper use of basic diagnostic equipment including mulitimeter, ammeter, megger, signal generator, rotation tester, and oscilloscope.
- Properly install conduit, raceway, fittings, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems.
- Read and update electrical prints and documentation.
- Program, and troubleshoot plant programmable logic controllers, motion controllers, robotics, input/output devices, and associated equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran