About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Pediatric Medical Sales Representative - Whittier, CA (San Gabriel Valley)Apply Now Job Number 17002088 Company Nestle Nutrition Location El Monte, California
Nestlé Infant Nutrition (Gerber) is seeking a Pediatric Medical Sales Representative to join its U.S. Medical Sales team in the San Gabriel Valley territory including Monterey Park, Pasadena and Whittier.
The Representative is responsible for the achievement of sales and market share objectives and the management and growth of infant and toddler nutrition products in the GERBER Start Healthy, Stay Healthy 1000 Days Nutrition System by obtaining physician recommendations to patients. Specific emphasis will be on the development of strategic institution engagement plans to support territory sales goals in hospitals (Term and NICU, Pediatricians, Obstetricians, Neonatologists, Nurses, Materials Management). These objectives are met while embracing the Nestlé Leadership Framework in the development of customer relationships, employee motivation, skills and capabilities. The Nestlé Leadership Framework identifies the key behaviors that support the development of our employees worldwide. It addresses the way we work – how our people achieve their targets and objectives.
The primary objectives for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrated success in effective engagement selling skills in a business-to-business and/ or health care administrator environment.
- Applied hospital negotiations and contracting experience in similar sales environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines; ability to deliver clinical and scientific benefits and information in a sales environment.
- Thorough understanding of the hierarchy of hospital departments such as NICU, Pediatrics, Pharmacies, Nurseries and Nursing Units Purchasing and PICU.
- Ability to work effectively with Physicians, Nurses, Dietitians, Purchasing Agents and WIC Clinicians.
- Proven relationship-building skills with key decision makers and key opinion leaders in the health care field.
- The ability to function independently with a high degree of initiative, independence, autonomy and flexibility.
- Effective time management, planning and administrative skills discipline.
- The desire to be self-motivated, seeking out success at achieving both short and long term goals.
- Participate in professional and industry conventions, seminars and other educational events to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Business Intelligence and Market Intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a science-related field (nutrition, nursing, biology, chemistry) or in business, marketing, finance or communications.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience selling into and/or working in a hospital institution.
- Must be confident discussing issues with physicians, dietitians, nurses and other clinical professionals.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to meet basic minimum work schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week with additional hours as necessary. Some weekend work is required.
- Must live within 30 miles of the target city, be able to travel within territory and to assigned meetings.
- Experience navigating through hospitals in the Term Nursery and NICU areas and/or operational departments (e.g.: materials management and/or purchasing) is strongly preferred. Sales experience calling on Health Care Professionals (specifically pediatricians, neonatologists, and obstetricians) is strongly preferred.
- Clinical Credentials (RD, RN, IBCLC, CLC or CMR) a plus.
- MS or MBA degree is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical Sales and/or Medical Device Sales experience is a plus.
- Extensive computer skills and e-detailing is a plus.
Visit us at:
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran