About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Process Engineer ManagerApply Now Job Number 18002746 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestle Infant Nutrition is seeking a Process Engineer Manager to join its facility in either Eau Claire, WI or Anderson, IN.
This role is the technical lead on liquid and powder products/processes with a focus on process operational improvement projects (i.e. reducing total delivered cost, CONQ/CNC, capacity improvement, and cost savings) at the Nestle factories and co-mans.
This role also functions as a liaison between internal resources i.e. Factory, NPTC/TCU/Factory Technical Applications Group (TAG), Marketing, Regulatory, and external resources such as regulatory agencies, equipment suppliers. Provides technical support to investigate/resolve quality issues or product losses and supports Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE)/TPM initiatives.
This role will provides general direction to the cross-functional development project team/operational team. Also provides relevant supervision of Pilot Plant trials, manufacturing trials, and First of Code/Second of Code production.
- Project Management for Product/ Process Development: Directs/ Manages projects including:
-Operational improvements (TDC improvements)
-Works with NPTC/TCU as needed, to ensure product/process can be industrialized using existing process lines or identify required modifications prior to industrialization
-Ensures developments meet or exceed all Nestle internal requirements and external regulatory requirements
- Technical Assistance: Assists Operations to investigate/resolve quality issues and/or product losses
-Establishes and maintains strong working relationships providing for effective information flow between our internal and external customers.
-Supports NCE/TPM initiatives
-Assists in rolling out standards to the factory
- BS degree required. Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in liquid or powder product manufacturing or Research and Development, including an understanding of general product stability.
- 1-3 years product development experience strongly preferred, preferably in dairy and soy liquid products
- Ability to work off shift as required.
- Understands the Principles of Sensory Evaluation and has knowledge of applicable basic Food Law/cGMPs
- Ability to quickly focus on changing priorities
- Strong analytical, organizational, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Able to work both independently and as a team member
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.