About Nestlé health science
Created in 2011 by the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company, Nestlé Health Science is a unique health science company focused on advancing the role nutrition plays in changing the course of health for consumers, patients and healthcare professionals. Focused on delivering quality-of-life benefits through nutritional solutions, we harness scientific and clinical advances to improve health through managed nutrition. With approximately 3,000 employees around the world and a global presence in about 50 markets, we invite you to impact the future of health with us.
Principal Engineer - PackagingApply Now Job Number 18006618 Company NHSCNPTC Location Bridgewater, New Jersey
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
Create, deploy and maintain standards for filling and packing lines, provide technical assistance on design and specifications of new lines, deliver functional training to the operating factories
- Develop standards for filling & packing machines and units according to LEAN and TPM principles and in line with NWSM (Nestlé Way in Standard Manufacturing). Guardian of packaging equipment standards for the defined technology platform.
- Coordinate and interact with key suppliers and internal customers on identifying the right machines for the right applications: from User Requirement Specification to machine fabrication, FAT, commissioning, installation and start-up qualification, CAPEX evaluation
- Establish packaging machine specifications and evaluate supplier technical data and capability. Deliver Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) evaluation and complete line design engineering (V-Graph, simulation, …) to optimize performance KPI’s such as OEE, MTBF, MTTR, vertical start up, “one digit” change over (SMED), …
- Nestle Continuous Excellence: Conduct value analysis; identify and recommend cost improvements and source reduction opportunities. Participate in DMAIC exercises related to packaging lines. Assist in building MP Database (Maintenance Prevention) based on operation feedback (MP Datasheets)
- Support start up for new and existing packaging lines with regards the 4 M's: machine performance, efficiency, material losses, operators and maintenance capability, autonomous maintenance, compliance to specs.
- Deliver technical assistance to the markets on design and specifications of new lines as well as on reliability issues on current lines.
- People and Know-how: Develop expertise development int he field of filling and packing and promote competence in the markets in this field through mentoring and coaching. Actively participate in Expert Networks. Share knowledge and create networks with other communities of experts internaly and externaly
Graduate in Engineering, preferably in Packaging, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Industrial, electronic or Automation.
Knowledge in the area of responsibility: product, process, system and technology
Operational experience in Filling & Packing or machine manufacturing (minimum 5-8 years) with:
- Problem solving approach
- Project management
- Supplier management
- TPM and LEAN references"
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.