About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Manager, Consumer and Marketplace InsightsApply Now Job Number 18007237 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Arlington, Virginia
Gerber Products Company dba Nestle Infant Nutrition is seeking a Manager, Consumer and Marketplace Insights to join its Marketing team. This role will be located in the Arlington, VA location.
Nestlé USA and Gerber have always been committed to offering healthy foods and products in people’s lives from the beginning. Now more than ever in the new Arlington, VA headquarters, we are dedicated to bringing even more quality ingredients and nutritious foods. Nestlé USA and Gerber are transforming what we do, how we do it, and how we work to enrich healthy lives.
Our new home in Arlington VA directly across from Washington, DC offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument and the world’s largest museum complex, the Smithsonian Museums.
Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA & Gerber values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of our tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Manage the execution and sharing of shopper, consumer and HCP research and insights (30%):
• Serve as consultant to internal marketing clients to understand and capture underlying business issues during the research briefing process in order to determine appropriate research methodologies to answer these business questions. Types of research may include, but are not limited to, Segmentation Study, Brand health trackers, HCP trackers, concept testing, attitudes & usage, IHUT, TURF, focus groups, or mobile.
• Manage market research vendors: communicate research objectives, identify deliverables, collaborate on methodology development, review questionnaires to ensure that all business objectives are addressed, test online surveys and ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverables.
• Manage vendors to remain within project scope, timing, and budget. Manages all aspects of project timeline including hitting all major project milestones, coordinating and synthesizing cross-functional inputs on questionnaires and ensuring any research stimulus is appropriate, accurate and delivered on time.
Work collaboratively with Marketing, Category Management, Field Sales Insights managers and Business Analytics to provide actionable insights that support Gerber’s nutrition leadership (30%):
• Support the Consumer Engagement team to leverage “big data” to improve our communications effectiveness, drive engagement ultimately driving business results. This role will work with the consumer engagement team to transform our marketing to more personalized consumer engagement.
• Work closely with innovation team to identify actionable consumer trends and play active role towards Gerber’s actions to address these trends
• Participate in the development and implementation of business plan initiatives and strategic direction
Champions and ensures application of learning's given by the historical and ongoing research (20%):
• Synthesize and integrate current and previous research findings to tell the consumer story and work with team to disseminate analysis
• Actively seek to identify process improvements that could enhance the way data is collected, analyzed and continually seek to improve data accuracy, timeliness and action-ability for the business
• Maintain all project files in CMI archiving system and be the primary point of contact and manager of Gerber’s robust database of our current and historical research
• Proactively develop a deep understanding of mom’s needs and behaviors from prenatal through pre-school. Become a recognized insights expert at the individual brand level
Leverage existing capabilities of CMI function and enhance use of technology to bring faster & cheaper insights (20%):
• Lead and manage strategic insights tools available within CMI including but not limited to Community Panel, Social Listening for actionable delivery of insights and bringing cheaper/faster insights for Gerber team
Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Marketing and/or Market Research; Master's degree in business and/or management is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Marketing &/or Consumer and Marketplace Insights is required. Previous project management skills, detail orientation, ability to multi-task, manage budgets and timelines is required. Strong business orientation and the ability to interpret and translate research data into actionable insights is required. Experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques is preferred.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.