About Nestlé health science
Created in 2011 by the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company, Nestlé Health Science is a unique health science company focused on advancing the role nutrition plays in changing the course of health for consumers, patients and healthcare professionals. Focused on delivering quality-of-life benefits through nutritional solutions, we harness scientific and clinical advances to improve health through managed nutrition. With approximately 3,000 employees around the world and a global presence in about 50 markets, we invite you to impact the future of health with us.
Quality SpecialistApply Now Job Number 17005587 Company NHSCNPTC
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create innovative products.
The NPTC Quality Specialist is responsible for the full compliance with NQMS/FSMS (Nestle internal Quality standards) and Quality-related ISO certificates (ISO 22000), controls documents (Technical Document Administrator), co-ordinates support for product development in Quality- and Safety by Design, including HACCP studies.
- Ensures the implementation of the Nestlé Continuous Excellence program in the quest for zero defect, including root cause analysis after incidents (or near misses) and DMAIC.
- Ensures compliance with the Nestlé Quality Management System requirements and other applicable instructions and standards.
- Provides training to all functions which need to have an insight into quality and safety, and which need to implement quality and safety in their own job deliverables.
- Develops HACCP modules according to processing capabilities at pilot plant and supports projects in developing HACCP including support to factories for implementation
- Prepares and leads audits by Nestle internal auditors and external bodies (ISO, FDA etc.).
- Participates (or co-ordinates participation) in audits of suppliers of new materials, co-manufacturers etc.Provides assistance to Quality functions in markets and factories
Experience and Education Requirements
Demonstrated and proven knowledge of HACCP requirements
Demonstrated prior work experience with Quality objectives & programs
Experience with performing quality audits
Prior work experience in successfully implementing quality assurance programs
Prior experience in the development and presentation to groups on compliance and audit issues
BS/BA Food Technology and or Science, Nutrition
Preferred Skills and Educational Requirements
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Prior quality & food safety training execution in a food product development environment
Prior quality oriented in a Pilot Plant environment
MS/Food Science and or related discipline
In addition to the above, you have to demonstrate your ability to work constructively with everyone who contributes; to be open to fresh ideas and leverage diversity of backgrounds and experiences; and to act with integrity. You also have to demonstrate your ability to focus on what matters and make choices; to deliver against clear, actionable and measurable priorities, and to work with a lean and nimble mindset. Finally, you will have to demonstrate your ability to challenge the status quo and to help us change the way people view nutritional therapies in health management, with a can-do attitude and passion.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran