About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Senior Financial Analyst, LogisticsApply Now Job Number 18000323 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Stanwood, Michigan
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in financial controllership of the Midwest Logistics Region which includes three factory locations, approximately five distribution facilities, and the regional network strategic planning.
- Fiduciary responsibility for Logistics financial reporting, controls and analysis. Logistics consists of Transportation, Warehousing, and Planning business activity as well as the inventory control environment. Estimated expense responsibility is $130MM annually.
- Manage Period End Close process including developing accurate financial statements, journal entry preparation, detailed analysis of all Distribution P&L line items, and regular reporting for both the local operation, national operations, and corporate finance.
- Analyze material forecast and plan P&L variances, then partner with operational leaders to define drivers and initiate action plans for improvement.
- Monitor warehouses’ labor and operational spend with effective measuring tools and schedules.
- Support Regional Finance Manager in the annual budget process (OPL) for the entire region by partnering with operations and creating a bottoms-up plan with a very high level of detail including the NWNA business strategies and continuous excellence.
- Own aspects of the monthly dynamic forecasts for the balance of year within Variable Distribution and Fixed Distribution P&L line items. Be able to articulate, with sound support, the drivers of forecast changes within the regional leadership team. Must understand the very complex dynamics of sales demand, production trends and supply expectations, the transportation industry, inventory obsolescence, labor productivity, and the strategic network.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence with integrity are a must. Be a confident, value-add Co-Pilot of the operational business with very strong inter-personal skills. Proactively collaborate with the leadership for the regional operations team (approximately 20 operational leaders). Own education and training for operations regarding the cost structure and the key drivers guiding proper, data-driven business decisions.
- Must add strategic thinking value as a member of the overall leadership team in the region by working together in driving key business decisions. Provide a continuous improvement mindset with results orientation.
- Partner with the Regional Finance Manager to maintain internal controls and develop any necessary new requirements to meet organizational compliance standards.
- Assist in managing regional slow-moving inventory by identifying aging inventory risks, monitoring “hold” inventory status, and ensuring inventory write-offs are properly accounted for, and forecasting bad goods.
- Monitor general accounting functions such as A/P, payroll, fixed asset management and general ledger maintenance as it relates to the distribution environment. This includes indirect oversight of invoicing related to 3rd party storage and handling, freight payments, and pallet reconciliation by working with centralized management teams.
- Calculate, review and report on various monthly KPI’s which summarize regional performance in various key areas of the business along with forward-thinking leading measures to improve results.
- Minimum 4 years of Finance or Accounting experience in a related field, Supply Chain preferred.
- Proven ability to Co-Pilot and partner with operational leaders to drive business results.
- Ability to work in a complex, changing environment.
- Strong systems skills (i.e. Excel, Essbase, SAP, Business Warehouse reporting, Access, i2).
- Excellent Analytical ability required. Ability to analyze large data sets and handle high volume of transactional data.
- Strong controls and cost accounting background preferred.
- Some travel required (5-10%).
- Mobility a plus for future career opportunities.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.