About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Senior Manager, External CommunicationsApply Now Job Number 18000857 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Stamford, Connecticut
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
When it comes to leading the industry with the highest standards in quality, Nestlé Waters Corporate is a vital element of our success. As part of the Corporate team, this is something you’ll play a leading role in. Whether you’re based in finance or Human Resources, Legal, Communications or IT, you’ll be a force for good – someone who is trusted, empowered and supported to make a genuine, lasting impression on our organization. You’ll grow and develop as we do, sharing in the success your accomplishments bring. And, as you achieve great things and thrive within our Corporate team, you can be certain your contributions have a wide-reaching impact – on the lives of customers and colleagues alike. Simply put, it’s an opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry on work that’s challenging, engaging, meaningful and never anything less than rewarding.
Nestle Waters North America has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Corporate Communicationsprofessional to join our Corporate Affairs team. The position will be based in our Stamford headquarters, and it will involve working cross-functionally to support continued access to sustainable water sources. As needed, this person will also serve as Deputy for Director of External Communications on any Issues and Crisis Management project. This position reports to the Director of External Communications.
• Second in command on all Issues and Crisis Management projects,
• Co-Pilot with Director of External Communications
• Work with in-house team members and outside strategic partners to develop, implement and manage external communications to protect NWNA reputation in local communities and nationwide.
• Lead communications work to support continued access to sustainable water sources.
• Manage local communications working with local agencies, Community Marketing, T&P, Government Affairs and Community Relations teams.
• Develop and maintain high-level overview of situation in each region where we operate.
• Flag issues in advance and mitigate.
• Develop compelling and informative videos featuring our Natural Resource Managers and plant managers touring our spring sites and factories.
• Manage time and productivity of 12 local public relations teams.
• Draft and edit press releases, talking points, Q&As, holding statements, and Position Statements.
• Build and maintain solid relationships with key national and local media.
• Media train spokespeople in local plant communities.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate and/or crisis communications at a large corporation, agency, NGO, or political campaign
• Independent, strategic thinker, able to lead projects with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and complex project management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with management, both within and outside the company, and to collaborate with colleagues on team and across functions.
• Strong media skills and mindset, with understanding of need for balance between caution and engagement.
• Established media contacts in both national and regional print, television, radio and online media outlets, and deep knowledge of how media works.
• Experience with digital and social media platforms, both developing strategies, programs and content, and demonstrating analytics skills.
• Experience as Corporate spokesperson in challenging scenarios a plus.
• Community stakeholder engagement experience, especially in contentious situations on emotional issues, a plus.
• Litigation and labor relations communication experience a plus.
• Knowledge of CSR/Sustainability practice, language, frameworks and governing bodies a plus.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CisionPoint, and Outlook.
• Able to travel as needed (25% anticipated).
• Bachelor degree required.
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.