ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Cost Analyst - Sweet Earth Enlightened FoodsApply Now Job Number 18000583 Company Nestle USA Location Moss Landing, California
We nourish lives by making smart food choices that honor & sustain the land, cultivate a curious mind & palate and sustain a healthy body. We are Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods.
We are seeking an Analyst for the factory and business on a rapidly growing, exciting Nestlé acquisition, Sweet Earth Enlightened Foods. Provide financial guidance by supplying plant and company management accurate and timely financial data, as well as analysis and recommended actions to identify and correct inefficient operations resulting in lower operating costs. Ensure sound costing in adherence to financial legal requirements and accounting standards. In addition, key areas of responsibility include new product analysis, business analysis, ongoing cost reviews, and special projects in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
1. Compile and maintain product costs and perform variance analysis to ensure accuracy of financial models. Work with team members to develop new product costing in accordance with costing standards. Support business with accurate financial analysis of new product proposals. Monitor inventory integrity through periodic cycle counts.
2. Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in ingredient usage and process refinements in the factory. Be an active contributor to improvement initiatives; responsible for review and validation of proposed savings. Utilize tools to drive and monitor results.
3. Compile reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source) and develop forecasts of factory costs. Ensure transparency of this process; follow up and monitor progress to close gaps. Prepare variance analysis to budget and forecasts.
4. Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; Perform revisions or simulations if needed.
5. Partner with Engineering to monitor costs and capitalization. Research capitalization discrepancies and delays. Ensure budget integrity. Participate in fixed asset cycle counts.
6. Create value by providing actionable decision support to business personnel and management.
7. Other projects and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math, or other related major.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance preferred.
- Communication, leadership, budgeting and planning
- Factory cost accounting
- Ability to communicate to all audiences within the organization.
- Aptitude with financial systems. QuickBooks experience a plus
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Ability to Influence business decisions with concrete financial support
- Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
- Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative
- Partner with the customer / other functional teams to drive business results and meet deliverables
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Manage projects
- Leverage best practices
- Communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal form, including presentation skills
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.