About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
“QC Lab Technologist – 2nd Shift, GatewayApply Now Job Number 18000127 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a QC Lab Technologist, 2nd Shift, Gateway Facility in Eau Claire, WI. The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, be able to work in a team setting and enjoy the challenges that a 24/7 food manufacturing facility has to offer!
Provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. To conduct sampling, inspection and testing of incoming materials, in-line samples, finished product and the environment in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Provide support for other quality functions in order to support plant objectives.
• Conduct analytical testing on in-process product including but not limited to Fat and Protein by FT-NIR spectrometry, Moisture by Oven Method, Iron by X-Ray Fluorescence, Chloride and Vitamin C by potentiometry.
• Support the site by conducting:
o Microbiological sampling and examinations including, but not limited to testing aseptic and terminally sterilized low-acid nutritional beverages for adherence to commercial sterility standards by pour plate streak,& pH testing.
o Physical, qualitative, and quantitative Chemical and Nutritional examinations including, but not limited to, testing fat, protein, ash, moisture, solids, minerals, trace elements, vitamins, solubility index, miscibility, state of dissolution, pH, identity analysis, viscosity, density, purity screening (foreign matter), dimensional parameters, package evaluation and other related physical and chemical characteristics.
o Sampling, inspections and audits.
• Conduct sampling, inspection, and testing in a timely manner including, but not limited to: testing pH, purity screening, organoleptic evaluation, identity testing, dimensional parameters, package evaluation. Perform release of conforming materials and WIP product.
• Prepares reviews and reports results of inspection and testing; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Maintain method compliance through Statistical Process Control and other compliance testing.
• Prepares and sends samples to other internal and external laboratories. Maintains communication between external laboratories regarding status of testing, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, sampling and maintaining plant Environmental Monitoring, maintain Foreign Material library, periodic maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation and equipment, ordering/stocking lab supplies, clean-up and general maintenance of Lab.
• Percentages dependent on production
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree (Chemistry, Food Technology, Biology, Microbiology or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical experience is an asset
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and be self directed.
• Expertise in Analytical Methods
• Expertise in in-line testing and inspection
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP and Microsoft Acess experience is preferred.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.