About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Electrical & Automation EngineeringApply Now Job Number 17007459 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking an E&AEngineer at our Eau Claire, WI facility.
This is a multi-faceted engineering position that is responsible for all aspects related to site E&A (Electrical and Automation) systems along with supporting plant production and maintenance through involvement with NCE/TPM (lean) activities. Other responsibilities include: lead/manage the E&A portion of larger improvement projects, develop maintenance/improvement plans for E&A equipment and control systems, assist other departments with resolving production and quality issues, provide hardware/software troubleshooting support, develop engineering solutions to increase operational efficiency, provide technical training and guidance, execute change controls for FDA-validated systems, and maintaining plant engineering standards. Good communication and leadership skills are required to work with teams to achieve site objectives (OMP).
• Conduct estimation, planning, and execution of projects.
• Develop and implement project descriptions, plans, timelines, resources requirements, costs and other associated project details.
• Work along side project engineer(s) during project development and execution.
Maintenance of Systems:
• Maintain and support existing control system architecture.
• Develop and maintain maintenance contracts for key control system components.
• Control and support the general operation for maximum reliability and up-time.
• Manage user's hardware and software work requests.
• Supply technical support for existing systems. Assist with troubleshooting and maintenance of projects.
• Maintain plant engineering standards and guidelines to ensure that they conform to both Nestle and legal requirements
• Follow up investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of formal requests such as ODIR, process deviations, CCC’s
• Investigation feasibility and scope analysis to determine potential operational improvements
• Trouble shooting and general assistance to conduct unplanned interventions to support factory uptime.
• Ensure that guidelines and procedures are followed for software changes, including written management approval, clear change definition.
• Save previous code, test and validate new code to produce finish product.
• Update electrical drawings, specifications, and other documentation when a change is implemented.
• Train maintenance and production employees on documentation and equipment operation for newly installed projects and/or new employees that are placed in critical areas.
• Direct and advise various groups (production, engineering, maintenance, etc.) on the implementation and use of the process control and data acquisition software and hardware
• Engage in TPM/NCE activities by working with cross-functional teams to achieve site OMP objectives
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Provide other duties as assigned.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field OR Associate Degree with 5+ years of relative Nestle E&A-MES experience will be considered
Preferred: 5+ years controls/electrical engineering experience in manufacturing plant environment, preferably in Pharmaceutical or Food/Dairy industry.
•Ability to work flexible hours
•Above average communication skills (written and oral), project management, and problem solving skills
•Ability to prioritize Process qualification, validation in the pharmaceutical or food industry IQ, OQ, PQ
•Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project required; SAP and AutoCAD experience is preferred
•Knowledgeable in the principles and application of statistics
•Understands principles of QMS, HACCP, and SOPs
•Competency with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC’s. Able to go online and decipher logic and how it functions.
•Competency with industrial networks – Ethernet, ControlNet, DevicNet, etc.
•Compentency with Safety Control systems and components
•Competency with Intellution and/or Wonderware installations
◦FIX 7.0, iFIX, and iBatch
◦InSQL (Historian), Microsoft SQLServer, and/or Terminal Services
◦Application Server (ArchestrA)/Intouch
•Working knowledge of industrial electricity 480 VAC, 3Ø control system and MCC’s
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran