About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Accounting SpecialistApply Now Job Number 17002198 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Perform various accounting activities to support the financial reporting and control of the Eau Claire and Gateway factories. Includes, but is not limited to, facilitating the capital spending and control process, ensuring the accuracy of fixed asset records, performing variance analyses, involvement in operational activities to reduce costs, and monthly period end close and budget activities.
• Ensure the accuracy of fixed asset records through timely recording of asset additions, transfers and disposals. Manage the capitalization of assets to ensure the capitalization policy is met, including working with project leaders to obtain necessary asset information, making sure all capital project purchase orders have been completed, work with project leaders to ensure that all assets are properly tagged with fixed asset tags.
• Coordinate the process of taking fixed asset inventories (periodic as well as annual), including generation of required data, physical counting of the inventory, reconciliation of the physical count to the ledger, and making corrections to the ledger as required.
• Support the capital spending process by setting up Work Breakdown Structures (WBS’s) in Globe/SAP for both capital and special charges, assigning budget values to the WBS’s, and providing periodic capital spending information and support to Engineering.
• Act as a link between finance and operations to challenge and improve business performance and processes to meet or exceed factory financial goals. Includes analyzing and providing cost data and participation in NCE/TPM activities such as DOR/WOR meetings, DMAIC’s and GSTD’s.
• Perform weekly yield analyses; work with the operations group to identify and minimize drivers of the variances
• Perform monthly end close activities including generating various journal entries as needed. Generate monthly financial data and reports to support reporting requirements for local and division management.
• Participate in the annual budget process including analysis/calculation of cost input data, update SAP budget data and analyze case cost changes.
• Perform other financial analysis and tasks as assigned.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related
procedures and programs. • Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting related field
Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in general, cost or fixed asset accounting.
• Strong Computer--Word, Excel, and Access.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to effectively ensure policies/procedures are being adhered to
• Organized and detailed oriented
• Ten-key calculator.
• Self-starter that can review, prioritize, and execute multiple priorities.
• SAP or other mainframe financial system experience a plus
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran