About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Business Executive Baby FoodApply Now Job Number 18007292 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Arlington, Virginia
The Business Executive - Baby Food (BE) is responsible for driving above market growth through a relevant differentiating consumer experience. The BE is responsible for constructing the Brand Vision & strategy and then planning, developing and executing Gerber’s marketing and demand generation initiatives to deliver that vision.
This role will lead all strategic and tactical marketing functional areas including: Consumer and Marketplace Insights, Brand management, Innovation and Integrated Consumer Communication (Digital/Social, CRM, Engagement Center, Media/Advertising, PR, Shopper and Visual Identity). This role is also responsible for building a leading edge marketing organization ensuring that the marketing team’s capabilities and skill sets reflect the constantly changing consumer environment.
Nestlé USA and Gerber have always been committed to offering healthy foods and products in people’s lives from the beginning. Now more than ever in the new Arlington, VA headquarters, we are dedicated to bringing even more quality ingredients and nutritious foods. Nestlé USA and Gerber are transforming what we do, how we do it, and how we work to enrich healthy lives.
Our new home in Arlington VA directly across from Washington, DC offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument and the world’s largest museum complex, the Smithsonian Museums.
Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA & Gerber values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of our tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
20% - Overall Business Management
• Provide Marketing Leadership for the monthly demand planning process, including consumption, providing corrective actions as needed.
• Provide leadership within team to strengthen Business Operational Excellence, streamlining processes for efficiency
• Delivers the share & financial goals and targets; manages P&L - including managing PFME investments and MC"
10% - Advance the Marketing Capability of the team, building a highly effective and efficient team of marketing professionals
• PDP's for all team members, with succession plans in place
• Formal training including ""Brand Building the Nestle Way"" (BBNW)
• Informal training and communication through regular town hall meetings
• Organizational re-alignment as necessary to ensure the team is structured to deliver growth"
15% - "Define the Brand Vision & Strategy
• Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives both long term (Market Business Strategy - MBS) and short term (Integrated Commercial Plan - ICP)"
15% - Deliver data driven insights that drive growth, leveraging “Know your consumer deeply winning actions
• Use in-depth knowledge about markets and customers to determine what markets to compete in, what segments to target, what entry mode and strategy to adopt.
• Leverage market/consumer trends and competitive intelligence to support business with relevant insights
• Continuously develop and advance Market Research tools and partners, while optimizing outputs of the different research instruments (e.g. Big Idea Testing, I&R concept testing)
15% - "Develop and execute a demand generation plan that delivers the Brand Vision in a multi-channel world
• Be the Brand Steward, ensuring that all communication contributes to enhancing the Brand’s Image and is delivered in the Brand’s unique voice
• Design a consistent, relevant and memorable brand experience across all touch points leveraging a contact point plans based on when and where target consumers are the most receptive for brand messaging.
• Lead the strategy for the Company’s media buying, social media, search engine optimization, search engine-marketing, television, and print advertising.
• Create and maintain consistent usage of the Brand’s visual identity.
• Develop and maintain productive and collaborative partnerships with communication agencies in order to create engaging, business building communication
15% - "Product Innovation & Lifecycle Management
• Actively manage the product life cycle of the Gerber Portfolio – ensuring the right balance of innovation and renovation to drive share growth.
• Planning, forecasting, and marketing of the Gerber product journey including Cereals, Meals and Drinks – managing the total portfolio for topline and margin growth
• Oversee Delivery of Innovation & Renovation projects end-to-end to ensure realization of I2l Processes and structure"
10% - "Develop and leverage strong cross functional relationships to deliver the Brand Strategy
• Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands"
Master’s Degree or equivalent in an analytical or business related discipline (MBA) is required. Minimum of 15 years overall experience with 5 years in a Senior Management Marketing role within a large consumer product company is required. Experience must include a strong blend of Brand Management, Communications and Insights in a leadership role. Must be willing and able to travel both domestic and international.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.