As the world leader in nutrition, health and wellness for children from birth to toddler, Gerber Products Company is committed to creating a strong future. We joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007, and have been a partner in parenthood ever since. Our Anything for Baby team works closely with experts to create products that enrich and establish healthy habits for children and are good for the planet as well. A career at Gerber provides meaningful opportunities to develop professionally, and nurture generations to come. Now is the time to define your future, and ours too.
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Supervisor to join its’ team at our Fremont, MI, facility.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for providing supervision to a plant business unit. This includes implementing/supporting TPM – Nestlé Continuous Excellence initiatives as well as day-to-day operations of the business unit. Must be able to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd and alternative work week).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership
• Manage day-to-day operations of the business unit to assure collaboration of shifts to guarantee smooth transitions. • Provides leadership/direction to hourly employees and serve as a model of example for the team • Ensure that personnel are properly trained and following approved processes to facilitate the manufacturing of quality goods based on accepted practices, regulatory requirements, and/or company policies. • Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve production goals. • Prepare paperwork / reports on a timely basis.
• Develop, maintain and empower a quality conscientious attitude among employees. Ensure all raw material, packaging material, Work in Progress (WIP) and finished goods are handled within Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and First Expired First-Out (FEFO) guidelines. • Maintain ISO food safety, occupational safety and environmental level facility, with a focus on safe work practices and housekeeping programs, as well as maintenance and upkeep of all equipment. Continuous Improvement • Identify, recommend, develop and implement improvements in safety, quality, processes, costs and SOP documentation. • Help identify long term opportunities and solutions for continuous improvement. Promote open communications between shifts and departments. Develop teamwork approach to teams • Maintain housekeeping, sanitation and safety through employee involvement and adherence to the Departments 5S standards/initiatives. • Actively support and participate in facility’s TPM / continuous improvement efforts. • Set ambitious objectives and motivate the shift to achieve them.
Safety, Health, and Environmental
• Responsible to have safe work instructions available for all positions. • Follow all sanitation, GMP, safety, quality and employee relation programs. • Ensure all employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE. • Assure activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management systems.
Qualifications – External
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL: BS/BA degree required. EXPERIENCE:
• 2-3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing environment preferred experience in food processing, aseptic or pharmaceutical industry. • Food manufacturing experience highly preferred. • Previous supervisory/people leader responsibilities required.
• Mentor and lead teams of diverse memberships to successful results • Comprehend, educate others and enforce relevant policies/procedures pertinent to safety, quality, sanitation, security and operations • Communicate with all levels of personnel and elevate issues when necessary • Demonstrated ability to utilize a personal computer effectively in a LAN environment. • Proven skill in analytical thinking, understanding, technical concepts, and problem solving
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Make a good impression before you reach the interview room by updating and maintaining your LinkedIn profile. Prepare for your interview by researching the company, practicing your interview skills, and studying the position so you can see how your skills match up. So you aren’t flustered on your way to the interview, do a dry run to the interview location before your interview day. If you’re looking for more support, reach out to other veterans who have had success with job searching to help you prep.
Update your LinkedIn
Research our culture, our people, and the location of your interview
Do a dry run to the interview location
Prepare specific examples that fit the job requirements
Use our online skills translator to best explain your skills and experience
Practice a mock interview
Reach out to other veterans
During the Interview
During the interview:
Put your best foot forward by arriving in appropriate attire and showcasing the situations, behaviors, and outcomes that have led to your success. By highlighting the skills you obtained in the military and owning your accomplishments, you’ll make a lasting impression.
Dress in business formal
Have a printed copy of your résumé
Highlight the skills that match with this job
Share your accomplishments
Emphasize your dedication to the job
After the Interview
After the interview:
If you’re interested in the position, make it known! Sending an email or thank-you note show your appreciation and keep you in the interviewer’s mind. The job market is competitive, so don’t be discouraged by not landing a job on the first try. Instead, view each interview as a learning experience that will prepare you for future opportunities.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran. If you require an accommodation in order to view or apply to open positions, please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-877-204-8650. For technical assistance: email NesCareersSupport@icareerhelp.com or phone 1-877-204-8650.