Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Shift Manager is responsible for supporting the Production Supervisosr and line leads in implementing and executing the production plan, and all functional operations are fully exeucted and achieved, on time and in full compliance for assigned areas. Working to ensure employee safety, product quality, hygiene, cost, and environmental needs fully meet all legal and other requirements and standards. This is accomplished by managing teams across all areas of plant operations, driving continuous improvement through TPM, empowering people, to motivate and develop their capability. Leadership of people includes communicating the vision & mission to gain the understanding & commitment of the people to achieve the objectives. Development of people through being a team builder with ability to recognize and develop the potential of all the production people. Proactive cooperation with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing what is preached to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all levels. Focusing on results through setting ambitious objectives and taking initiative to find ways to reach and exceed them.
1. Ensure that finished products are consistently manufactured meeting prescribed standards (compliant) with quality, safety and good manufacturing practices, on time and meeting consumer expectations. On the off shift this person is the business decision maker for all functional areas to insure alignment with and delivery of business objectives, continued execution of work flows, and resource management.
2. Effectively manage the SHO, ensure exchange of information (cascade Target/escalate issues) for alignment with the objectives in the short term and WOR, MOR for medium and long term to achieve production plan and to identify and achieve performance improvements. Motivate, guide, support and coach the resources to achieve objectives and to act in accordance with NCE guidelines.
3. Elaborate and execute workforce development program that will provide appropriate flexibility of workforce and assets. Focus on material availability, finished goods quality, and on time delivery through optimal resource allocation.
4. Provide timely feedback and coaching to individuals and team in order to develop them to their full potential and to achieve objectives in accordance with NCE guidelines. Ensure succession plans and development – coaching of direct reports (where applicable) including development of specific training.
5. Promote and enhance a positive labor management relationship including efforts to continuously improve teamwork and establish high levels of employee involvement.
6. Lead a continuous improvement/employee involvement culture through NCE approach. Drive for excellence and support operators and staff in their tasks focusing on safety of people.
7. Ensure the timely launch of new products to the Market as per agreement with the business unit.
8. Any other tasks assigned by the Factory Manager.
Direct report of the Production Manager. In large plants this position may report to the Operations Manager. SUPERVISION GIVEN: Will supervise a direct group of Production Supervisors who hold span of control over all hourly production employees. Will provide indirect supervision to all supervisors in functional areas other than production.
FINANCIAL/STRATEGIC IMPACT: • Delivery of all scheduled production, on time, within cost, and at quality level. • Execution of Productivity Improvements as assigned. • Key role in ensuring continuous operational delivery in all areas of the facility.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: • Bachelor’s degree preferred(Engineering, Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision) required. • Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as needed.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum Five (5) years food industry production, purchasing and/or packaging experience with progressive responsibility leading people. Experience in different manufacturing environments. Success leading projects in different departments and functions. Exposure to implementing continuous improvement, employee involvement techniques, and change management. Implementation experience of TPM preferred.
SKILLS Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. High energy level and excellent follow up skills. Creative problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities. Great people skills, maintaining a positive attitude, and the ability to motivate people are needed.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Make a good impression before you reach the interview room by updating and maintaining your LinkedIn profile. Prepare for your interview by researching the company, practicing your interview skills, and studying the position so you can see how your skills match up. So you aren’t flustered on your way to the interview, do a dry run to the interview location before your interview day. If you’re looking for more support, reach out to other veterans who have had success with job searching to help you prep.
Update your LinkedIn
Research our culture, our people, and the location of your interview
Do a dry run to the interview location
Prepare specific examples that fit the job requirements
Use our online skills translator to best explain your skills and experience
Practice a mock interview
Reach out to other veterans
During the Interview
During the interview:
Put your best foot forward by arriving in appropriate attire and showcasing the situations, behaviors, and outcomes that have led to your success. By highlighting the skills you obtained in the military and owning your accomplishments, you’ll make a lasting impression.
Dress in business formal
Have a printed copy of your résumé
Highlight the skills that match with this job
Share your accomplishments
Emphasize your dedication to the job
After the Interview
After the interview:
If you’re interested in the position, make it known! Sending an email or thank-you note show your appreciation and keep you in the interviewer’s mind. The job market is competitive, so don’t be discouraged by not landing a job on the first try. Instead, view each interview as a learning experience that will prepare you for future opportunities.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran. If you require an accommodation in order to view or apply to open positions, please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-877-204-8650. For technical assistance: email NesCareersSupport@icareerhelp.com or phone 1-877-204-8650.