At Nestlé, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well! As individuals and teams, we encourage leadership, make valuable contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life!
Nestlé USA’s Supply Chain team is driven by the desire to deliver premiere service and support to our trusted retail partners. Motivated by our company’s four key Ways of Winning – Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage, Nestlé’s Supply Chain professionals strive to efficiently and effectively distribute our products “wherever and whenever” needed while fulfilling our commitments and delivering outstanding value to our customers. As we continue to build our Nestlé Supply Chain team, we are looking for qualified, diverse and dynamic individuals who represent the communities we serve through our products and services.
The Associate Procurement Business Partner engages with business leaders and partners to execute the procurement strategies for direct and indirect categories. The Associate Procurement Business Partner ensures the alignment of these strategies with the business and functional strategies. This role supports the Technical and Corporate Services spend categories for Nestle Nutrition and Nestle Health Science Operating Companies. The Associate will work with multiple functional & business partners, including Engineering, R&D, Factories, HR & Workplace Solutions. Additionally, the Associate engages the At market and Above market category procurement teams to demonstrate strong business & functional knowledge to integrate into sourcing decisions.
This role will: collaborate with category procurement teams and be responsible for the relationship with Nestle Nutrition and Nestle Health Science businesses and relevant functional leaders; influence business relationships to implement cost savings projects and drive procurement strategies; call out service challenges from vendor base, factory or other business channels, in adherence to scope of work targets or contract terms; and actively engage with cross-functional project teams to clearly communicate sourcing strategies, vendor selection, supply challenges & mitigation plans as they relate to the project.
– Understand business requirements and challenges; including priorities, must win battles and key value drivers.
– Influence the category procurement teams at the appropriate level so the category sourcing strategies and priorities are built to meet Business objectives.
– Understand and drive with finance all procurement inputs to the P&L related to Technical and Corporate Services spend
– Procurement lead on sourcing projects partnering with category procurement teams to locate and onboard any new suppliers, ensure project timelines are met, and mitigate any supply or service risks associated with the project.
– Manage and report out savings pipeline and communication to the Business to ensure overall margin objectives are met.
– Support the capital budget process through early engagement in projects to ensure competitiveness and meet project timelines
– Proactively identify and communicate changes in demand, project needs or business strategy to category procurement teams in order to mitigate penalties or service issues
– Lead sourcing strategies at functional level.
– Identify vital activities and resources needed to achieve implementation of chosen sourcing strategies and ensure strategies are implemented.
– Ensure supplier selection is approved by business partners and communicate award decision to those affected.
– Provide compelling category and sourcing insights to help drive overall strategies.
– Consolidate equipment and/or service cost benchmark reports (data, graphs, commentary) and present to business partners as appropriate.
– Provide valuable insight to Category Management Team.
– Play a meaningful role in providing feedback to category procurement teams on supplier performance.
– Participate in key meetings, ensure right business partner engagement, and engage through senior contacts with suppliers where needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Reports to a Business Partner Manager, Leader or Head of Procurement. General direction and delegation from team members that the associate supports. May also receive some direction cross-functionally from the business.
Business decisions will be based on research and analysis. Quality data and thoroughness of the analysis is required to ensure confidence in business decisions.
May be in charge of ensuring categories/sub-categories are purchased from approved vendors and may be accountable for valuable, compliance, cost improvement and other performance metrics.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
– Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics/Transportation or other applicable subject area required
– Minimum 3 years sourcing, purchasing and/or material management, technical/engineering/manufacturing experience and/or or equivalent experience required. Internal Development Trainee candidates on third rotations will also be considered.
– SAP, Ariba and I-Nexus experience preferred
– Required proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, including but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
– Candidate must be detail oriented and a self-starter
– Must be an outstanding relationship builder, partner manager and have the ability to form and grow own networks
– Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner
– Capable of independently identifying and researching relevant market, industry, and supplier information.
– Proficient at navigating through ambiguous situations and handling external vendor relationships
– Ability to work collaboratively and support multiple sourcing initiatives
– Proficient at developing processes and/or to identifying continuous improvements to help better coordinate activities
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Make a good impression before you reach the interview room by updating and maintaining your LinkedIn profile. Prepare for your interview by researching the company, practicing your interview skills, and studying the position so you can see how your skills match up. So you aren’t flustered on your way to the interview, do a dry run to the interview location before your interview day. If you’re looking for more support, reach out to other veterans who have had success with job searching to help you prep.
Update your LinkedIn
Research our culture, our people, and the location of your interview
Do a dry run to the interview location
Prepare specific examples that fit the job requirements
Use our online skills translator to best explain your skills and experience
Practice a mock interview
Reach out to other veterans
During the Interview
During the interview:
Put your best foot forward by arriving in appropriate attire and showcasing the situations, behaviors, and outcomes that have led to your success. By highlighting the skills you obtained in the military and owning your accomplishments, you’ll make a lasting impression.
Dress in business formal
Have a printed copy of your résumé
Highlight the skills that match with this job
Share your accomplishments
Emphasize your dedication to the job
After the Interview
After the interview:
If you’re interested in the position, make it known! Sending an email or thank-you note show your appreciation and keep you in the interviewer’s mind. The job market is competitive, so don’t be discouraged by not landing a job on the first try. Instead, view each interview as a learning experience that will prepare you for future opportunities.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran. If you require an accommodation in order to view or apply to open positions, please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-877-204-8650. For technical assistance: email NesCareersSupport@icareerhelp.com or phone 1-877-204-8650.