Gerber Products Company dba Nestle Infant Nutrition is seeking a Quality Specialist – Batch Auditor to join its’ facility in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
Relocation Assistance is not available for this role.
Nestlé USA and Gerber have always been committed to offering healthy foods and products in people’s lives from the beginning. Now more than ever, we are dedicated to bringing even more quality ingredients and nutritious foods. Nestlé USA and Gerber are transforming what we do, how we do it, and how we work to enrich healthy lives.
Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA & Gerber values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of our tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health & wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Quality Specialist – Batch Audit position is responsible for ensuring final compliance to food safety and quality standards prior to batch disposition. The primary requirement of this position includes the review of batch records, coordination and execution of batch disposition, the administration of the Net Content’s system, training and coaching to Good Documentation, effective implementation of quality standards and Operational Deviation Incident reporting. Participating in risk analysis for production issues, investigations, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and providing audit support when needed. The position supports quality regulations and Nestle standards in the cost-effective manner. This person serves as the back-up to the Senior Quality Specialist. PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Quality Control Activities – Execute positive release for finished product. Conducting preliminary and final audits of batch records, facilitating paperwork corrections and completions, maintaining communication to supply chain, and preparing batch files for final disposition. Perform final positive release of all non-exceptional finished product batches. Administration of the Net Contents system to assure the proper implementation and training of the operators.
• Quality Guardianship – Notify appropriate production personnel/management of deviations, non-conformances and blocked product. Assure investigations and appropriate actions are on track to meet release time. Perform requests for Change of Status (COS) and for batch return from Nestle Distribution Centers
• People and Know-How – Support Production in the achievement of their objectives. Contribute to the development of competence of operators. Promote quality awareness and commitment to quality across the operation through effective coaching of the Quality Management System (QMS) and quality standards.
• Quality System – Support and update Quality procedures, work instructions and tools. Support operational objectives in collaboration with the Facility Quality Manager. Support all facility Trace and Mock Recall events.
• Quality Mastership – Support Nestle Continuous Excellence program in the quest for zero defect. Support activities to achieve compliance with Nestle Quality Management System requirements and other applicable instructions and standards. Identify non-conformance issues and coordinate Food Safety/Quality risk analysis, lead/support investigations (GSTD), prepare and finalize non-conformances in Intelex and recommend proper disposition of associated product.
• Quality Auditing and Verification – Provide Business Unit readiness for internal and external audits. Support Management of Change (MOC) implementation as needed. Providing support to other quality systems within the plant as assigned.
• Maintain compliance with regulations and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
EXPERIENCE: Academic Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (preferred microbiology, chemistry or food science).
Exposure to different jobs within the factory (production, maintenance) or within Quality (Quality Specialist). Minimum of 1-3 years of related Quality experience in a manufacturing facility.
Make a good impression before you reach the interview room by updating and maintaining your LinkedIn profile. Prepare for your interview by researching the company, practicing your interview skills, and studying the position so you can see how your skills match up. So you aren’t flustered on your way to the interview, do a dry run to the interview location before your interview day. If you’re looking for more support, reach out to other veterans who have had success with job searching to help you prep.
Update your LinkedIn
Research our culture, our people, and the location of your interview
Do a dry run to the interview location
Prepare specific examples that fit the job requirements
Use our online skills translator to best explain your skills and experience
Practice a mock interview
Reach out to other veterans
During the Interview
During the interview:
Put your best foot forward by arriving in appropriate attire and showcasing the situations, behaviors, and outcomes that have led to your success. By highlighting the skills you obtained in the military and owning your accomplishments, you’ll make a lasting impression.
Dress in business formal
Have a printed copy of your résumé
Highlight the skills that match with this job
Share your accomplishments
Emphasize your dedication to the job
After the Interview
After the interview:
If you’re interested in the position, make it known! Sending an email or thank-you note show your appreciation and keep you in the interviewer’s mind. The job market is competitive, so don’t be discouraged by not landing a job on the first try. Instead, view each interview as a learning experience that will prepare you for future opportunities.
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran. If you require an accommodation in order to view or apply to open positions, please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-877-204-8650. For technical assistance: email NesCareersSupport@icareerhelp.com or phone 1-877-204-8650.