ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
CoordinatorApply Now Job Number 17005972 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Our Mechanicsburg factory is one of the largest manufacturers in the area and produces a large portion of Purina’s dry pet food portfolio, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Alpo®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies®, Purina ONE® and Kit ‘N Kaboodle. In this specific role, you’ll safely produce quality products at the right rate and the right time, by leading continuous improvement processes and implementing tools to achieved desired goals.
Support Factory Operations by maintaining inventory control processes of packing materials, byproduct and other miscellaneous items. Performs job duties safely, timely and is QA/GMP compliant in the execution of duties. Safely produce quality products at the right rate and right time, using Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) processes and tools.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Reconciliation of Byproduct (Fines) by batch ID to include performing all necessary transactions (production, consumption, sales, variance/write-off, bin cut-off, bin transfer, etc…).
2. Assist Production in management of byproduct lots to insure factory compliance with raw material traceability standards.
3. Review vendor receipts of packing, shipping and miscellaneous supplies.
4. Request inventory counts on coupons and miscellaneous packing supplies. Reconcile counts, research usage and variance issues, and provide reporting of results (i.e. weekly coupon compliance)
5. Perform Packing Supply variance analysis, report large variance and variance trends.
6. Review daily communication from Production Data Coordinators, assist in problem solving, trouble shooting and variance investigation.
7. Support Production and Warehouse teams to improve and maintain strong bio-security and traceability programs to insure compliance to food safety standards and regulations.
8. Support Materials Handling as a functional “end to end” expert of process and inventory systems to trouble shoot issues and identify department training needs or areas for improvement.
1. Primary expert on transactions and process needed to account for product rework scenarios.
2. Process vendor packing material claims and related transactions.
3. Perform transactions for obsolete material disposal and insure required procedures are followed.
4. Perform transaction to transfer inventory supply cost to warehouse and shipping cost centers.
5. Back-up Ingredient Coordinator for Daily Health Checks and critical ingredient reviews.
6. Back-up Material Data Experts in maintaining system set-up of materials.
7. Participate (and be able to lead) quarterly trace exercises.
8. Perform plant mini-audits as assigned by Materials Accounting Manager.
9. Other duties as required by Material Accounting Manager.
1. Compile statistical data for Monthly Material Letter and assist in writing analysis letter.
2. Issue Monthly coupon compliance report with analysis and action items.
3. Audit and report on donations orders for approvals, SLED (Shelf Life Expiry Date) and bio-security control. % of Time
Perform all other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cross-train on other Material Accounting Coordinator desk responsibilities to be able to fill in for extended periods.
Contribute to team projects where applicable.
Attend all required Safety and Quality training.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma
Experience (Years/Type): Inventory management and SAP experience preferred.
Skills: Troubleshooting/problem solving skills. PC literate, with average to strong skills in Microsoft office (Excel);
Must demonstrate the following competencies: Results Focused, Proactive Cooperation, Initiative and Practice What You Preach and possess good time management skills.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran