About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Boiler/Auxiliary Equipment OperatorApply Now Job Number 17007930 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
For the seventh straight year, Nestle has been ranked as the number one consumer food products company in Fortune magazine's annual survey of The World's Best Companies for Leadership in a poll conducted by Hay Group as well as being named one of the America's Top 100 Ideal Employers in a 2012 University study. Nestle offers real potential for you to grow and move laterally within the best areas and divisions of our Company. We encourage our employees to contribute to the Company's success by enabling them to experience our diverse functions, divisions, brands and nationwide locations in a way that encourages flexibility in career paths.
As part of our Nestle Nutrition Company, our manufacturing facility in Fremont, MI produces high quality Gerber Baby Food Products. Other top selling Nestle Nutrition Brands include Boost and Carnation Breakfast Essentials.
We are seeking a Boiler/Auxiliary Operator to join our fast-paced team-focused staff in our unionized manufacturing facility.
Perform duties under the general direction of utility manager, but works independently to perform all job requirements and meet all qualifications as determined by Management for Boiler/Auxiliary equipment Operator. This entails optimizing operation and maintenance processes; satisfying all safety and quality concerns; and participating in short and long range planning perspective with respect to the equipment and operation. Position makes decisions based upon sound operation practices and business needs assessment. In addition, support of the NCE / TPM culture through active participation in processes to effect improvements in the areas of People, Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and performance.
The positions will be responsible for operating / maintaining boilers, steam, condensate, compressed air, ammonia, water (city water, RO, Soft water, Chilled water, Cooling water, etc) systems, sub-systems and associated operations.
1. Equipment operation
2. Trouble shooting
3. Data collection I.E. gas, electric, steam, water, sewer, ammonia, ETC. and update computer auxiliary equipment spreadsheets logs daily.
4. Assisting maintenance as required.
5. Perform minor maintenance tasks requiring use of tools.
6. Lubricate equipment as required.
7. Secure and ready any equipment for repairs.
8. Keep and maintain all areas clean and neat (5S).
9. Check and maintain proper pressure of all feed systems for Auxiliary Equipment and boiler operation.
10. Maintain chemical distribution system to include adding of chemicals.
11. Maintain log of operations.
12. Notify for purchase of chemicals and Auxiliary Equipment materials.
13. Follow and maintain plant policies and procedures
14. Contractor awareness and plant safety documentation.
15. Formally report breakdowns and any other items in need of repair.
16. Load, adjust and maintain all chemical systems.
17. Complete assigned PM’s, daily rounds and check sheets in a correct and timely manner.
18. Responsible for operations during the shift.
19. Perform department sanitation and safety duties and minor mechanical repairs or work. Assist the maintenance staff with all activities
20. Provide support for ammonia system.
21. Will train new Boiler/Auxiliary Equipment Operators to the department to become proficient in all aspects of the Auxiliary Equipment, boiler and ammonia system and associated operations.
22. Cleaning, rust removal and painting as assigned.
23. Complete additional assigned tasks as needed.
24. Work effectively with other shifts and departments.
All employees will support and participate in Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of their job responsibility within their Business Unit or as assigned within the factory.
Employee shall follow Fremont Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report unsafe conditions immediately, report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
Job requires computer or other technical knowledge to be successful. Performs transactions and/or records information in a computer. High School Diploma or GED required. Must be currently proficient with boiler operations and/or hold a current boiler license from an accredited agency. In addition, must participate in Ammonia training classes after starting in position.
Previous experience in a food manufacturing or manufacturing setting preferred but not required.
1. Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
2. Effective reading, writing, communication, and computer skills.
3. Ability to obtain necessary certifications / licenses as required.
4. Must be able to work varying shifts and weekends.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.