ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Maintenance Mechanic IApply Now Job Number 17008333 Company Nestle USA Location Tulare, California
- Provide electronic, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic service to assigned production equipment. Skills to include welding, electronics, electricity, controls, mechanics, basic fabrication, work order reporting, downtime reporting, communication with peers, leadership, customers and equipment vendors, organization, follow-through, parts usage reporting and excellent interaction skills.
- Progress through the skill based gate ways.
- Certification and Progression through the Maintenance Skill Based Pay System
- Engagement in Nestle Continuous Excellence Programs with an emphasis on Maintenance Work Groups, Root Cause and Breakdown analysis
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, write, and follow instructions and correspondences.
- Ability to learn technical terminology.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failure.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Must be able to pass a Mechanical Aptitude Test.
- Good customer service interaction, patient teacher, quick learner, good work ethic.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
- Helpful Experience: TPM, RCM, PLC Programming, Sanitary Welding, Machine Shop skills, Electrical Construction, and Ammonia Refrigeration
- HS Diploma/GED required. Associates Degree or Technical Certification in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of food manufacturing maintenance or related maintenance experience preferred.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.