ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Counsel - M&AApply Now Job Number 18000524 Company Nestle USA Location Stamford, Connecticut
This position plays a significant strategic role for the execution of Nestlé’s M&A goals. This person will be relied upon to work directly with and support Nestlé’s Head of U.S. M&A, Managing Counsel to execute Nestlé’s M&A objectives.
This role will report to Nestlé’s Head of U.S. M&A, Managing Counsel, but will also take direction from the General Counsel of any Nestlé OpCo that the U.S. M&A team is then supporting in connection with a transaction. This position may supervise junior lawyers, paralegals, and/or administrative professionals as well as outside counsel. Further, this position will regularly interact and coordinate with other Nestlé groups involved in a particular business development transaction (e.g., treasury, HR, public affairs, etc.) as well as outside counsel.
The Counsel – Mergers & Acquisitions is one of two M&A law experts at Nestlé in the U.S. and will work closely and collaboratively as part of the M&A Law Team, as well as with their colleagues at the Company and other Nestlé affiliates in the U.S. market to provide counseling, advice and solutions on all areas of mergers and acquisitions and business development law at every step of a transaction.
The Counsel – Mergers & Acquisitions will work with the Head of U.S. M&A, Managing Counsel and other internal stakeholders to drive Nestlé’s business development projects, proactively and as directed. The ideal candidate will build strong relationships with every member of the organization and can effectively collaborate with key stakeholders in order to solve intricate problems.
• Business development related law counseling and advice for Nestlé and affiliated companies.
• Together with Nestlé’s Head of U.S. M&A, Managing Counsel, as directed, assist, manage or oversee business development matters including early stage documentation, transaction documentation and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders and resources.
• Provide updates to Nestlé’s Head of U.S. M&A, Managing Counsel and other stakeholders as directed.
• Other duties, tasks, special projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
• Juris Doctorate from accredited law school required.
• Current membership in the Connecticut State Bar or New York State Bar with the ability to become registered in-house counsel in Connecticut
• Minimum of 4 years of experience as a mergers and acquisitions attorney.
• Background in mergers and acquisitions, minority investments, corporate governance, joint ventures and shareholder issues.
• Foundational experience obtained at a reputable law firm.
• Experience with all M&A transaction related agreements and schedules, non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements, term sheets, deal memos/summaries, corporate organization documents, joint venture documents, strategic alliance documents and conducting due diligence.
• Experience writing diligence memorandums, creating deal summaries and explaining complex transactional issues and terms in plain English.
Personal Attributes & Traits:
• Strong commitment to client-service and finding solutions.
• Strong relationship building skills and the ability to gain trust at and work at all levels of the organization.
• Works well in a collaborative team environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks/transactions and meet business deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to an evolving business and legal environment.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A proven ability to achieve results.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.