We are Nestlé
You may know us as the world’s largest food and beverage company – as a parent to staple brands like Gerber®, Purina®, and Nespresso®. We know us as a wholesome family with a purpose much greater than ourselves: to enhance quality of life, contribute to a healthier future, and shape a better, healthier world. With more than 2,000 brands produced across 191 countries, our reach and scalability are BIG. And it all starts with technology. We are the largest SAP Implementation in the world. You are the brains behind category-rocking ideas and technology that will shape our bright future. Join the force – #PassionIT!
Sr. SQL Database SpecialistApply Now Job Number 18008402 Company NESTLE GLOBE IS/IT Location Saint Louis, Missouri
- Provide support and resolve issues related to database management systems; contact vendor support to escalate issues
- Perform database administration tasks including performance tuning, issues identification and resolution, monitoring and maintenance
- Provide on-going production support, regularly monitor status of interfaces and systems hosting business applications, resolve service desk tickets; provide technical assistance to customers, collaborate with appropriate teams to implement and test system fixes
- Provide technical analysis for interfaces to support business applications, collaborate with application specialists to develop functional/technical specifications and change requests
- Ensure change requests comply with database management best practices; support application changes from a database perspective
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline is preferred
- 5 or more years of experience providing product support of SQL on a UNIX or Linux platform, preferably with experience using SQL based tools and technology such as SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of SQL 2012 or 2016 databases, data warehouse environments, Data Lakes, Data Blobs, Data Bricks, among others highly desired.
- Experience in the oversight of RDBMS instances functioning as an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and/or running on various cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or AWS.
- Exposure to Azure SQL or AWS Cloud based SQL instances highly desired
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran