About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Customer Business ManagerApply Now Job Number 18007696 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Nestlé USA and Gerber have always been committed to offering healthy foods and products in people’s lives from the beginning. Now more than ever, we are dedicated to bringing even more quality ingredients and nutritious foods. Nestlé USA and Gerber are transforming what we do, how we do it, and how we work to enrich healthy lives.
Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA & Gerber values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of our tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Customer Business Manager's primary responsibilities: attain or exceed current and long-term sales, distribution and merchandising goals in accordance with the Infant and Nestle Health Sciences (NHS) Integrated Commercial Planning Process. The CBM will be accountable for managing and growing both Giant Eagle and Save-A-Lot. This position will work in tandem with the DVP and CCSD teams to develop opportunities. ISW will be fully managed by this candidate. This is a developmental role with ideal candidate willing to accept larger responsibilities in the future.
40% - Profitable Sales Growth:
• Achieve or exceed established sales and trade targets for established businesses while staying within budget.
• Develop annual business plan with customer and align with ICP process.
• Manage targeted distribution and new product development for assigned customers.
• Develop and execute promotional plans to achieve growth targets within budget.
• Leverage available team and functional resources including category management, sales finance, customer logistics, marketing and medical marketing to maximize results.
• Leverage Nestle in the Market wherever relevant to add value beyond discounting
40% - Business Management:
• Execute customer business reviews incorporating replenishment/supply chain reviews, and line reviews as required to achieve business results
• Develop a strategic and consultative business relationship with key decision makers at both customers merchandising, marketing, replenishment, and digital teams
• Ability to understand and articulate operational insights of the customer to to Channel & Category Sales Development (CCSD) and greater NHS and IN organizations
• Communicate competitive customer, product and market place issues and opportunities to CCSD
• Maintains a high level of industry, category, customer, consumer and nutritional science expertise.
• Support Company Programs and Policies, including affirmative action goals and commitments, HSE strategies and corporate citizenship initiatives.
• Manage assigned trade funds according to ISW polices and procedures
• Develop and communicate accurate monthly forecasts to project annual sales volume and profit contribution while maximizing supply chain efficiencies; track shipments, consumption, and inventory
• Actively monitor fill rate, on-time shipments, and WOS.
• Proactively communicate risk and opportunities to monthly/annual forecast
• Manage Deductions within company policy to meet targets/goals
• Manage Un-saleable/Bad Goods within company policy and agreed upon improvement targets
• BS/BA Degree Required
• 5+ Years CPG Sales experience; Account management preferred within CPG categories
• Training and experience in the following areas: Interpersonal Skills, Sales and Negotiation Skills, Time Management, Project Management
• Sales Forecasting and Trade Fund Management • New Business Development preferred
• Ability to analyze, interpret and develop recommendations from various data sources
• Must be able to work well and thrive within a fast-paced environment
• Ability to collaborate and effectively work cross functionally
• Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
• Must be able to travel up to 40% of total time to support customer meetings, national sales meetings and attend any necessary training
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.