As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It’s another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You’ve no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you’ll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It’s a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that’s as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you’ll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We’ll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
The Warehouse Manager’s primary purpose is to coach, develop and directly lead the Night Loading team (Fork Lift Operators and/or Leads), as well as directly lead Day Inventory Specialists. This role provides supervision, training, coaching & development, skill building and support/motivation to their Warehouse Team. Activities to accomplish this include: work-withs, observations, goal setting, measures and objectives, performance tracking, and support for the execution of Warehouse Daily Debriefs (WDD’s).
Ultimately the goal of the Warehouse Manager is to develop a high-performing Warehouse Team that consistently achieves their safety, service, productivity and quality goals. The Warehouse Manager plays a primary role in the day-to-day warehouse planning, including headcount and job assignment determination, work scheduling, establishing team norms; ensuring alignment to NWNA Leadership Framework; building teamwork between Route Operations; and serving as the overall Warehouse Operations leader for the Branch. The Warehouse Manager also directly manages the execution of branch inventory processes to ensure adequate product to serve customers is available at all times. The Warehouse Manager establishes the expectations for the team’s performance via the merit review and 1on1 process and demonstrating adherence to all company policies and procedures. Finally, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for the day-to-day compliance to the facility standards, to include routine auditing of housekeeping schedules, facility inspections, and compliance requirements.
Since the vast majority of the Warehouse Manager’s direct reports are on the night loading shift, it is expected that the majority of time will be focused on night operations.
Direct Leadership and People Development
- Reflects NWNA’s Leadership Framework in conducting daily business role and activities
- Supports the interview, selection, hiring, training and retention process for all warehouse roles
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members. Identifies performance opportunities and creates specific action plans to improve efficiencies
- Communicates effectively to team members and leads through changes in company policies and initiatives
- Leads through communication via warehouse daily debriefs, weekly Route Ops meeting, etc.
- Conducts employee PE and PDG process including merit reviews, 1on1’s and progressive discipline process when needed
- Align/Collaborate with Operations Managers (ULs and Branch Manager) on shared branch goals.
- Ensure all team members are trained in proper safe work practices, smith system driving techniques, PSR lifting techniques, and applicable safety compliance procedures/policies.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained/certified to operate forklifts, route trucks, and other PIVs.
- Ensure compliance to the branch MHE program
- Ability to work nights, night time hours required
- 2 - 5 years previous supervisory experience required
- Prior Logistics Experience preferred
- Alignment and commitment to NWNA’s Leadership Framework (core values)
- Demonstrates confidence and influence in leading team to achieve productivity goals
- Skilled communicator (in groups and 1-on-1), who can set clear expectations with direct reports
- Ability to hold direct reports accountable through both quantitative and qualitative goal attainment
- Ability to provide training and development for direct reports
- Provides excellent role model, peer leadership and positive influence to fellow team members
- Positive team-player attitude
- Strong organizational skills / Attention to detail
- Possesses exceptional work ethic, energy, and drive
- Ability to handle physical requirements, including, but not limited to, repeated bending, stretching, twisting, and lifting up to 60 pounds
- Able to conduct regular inventory audits
- Able to safely use various warehouse equipment, including a forklift
- Valid driver’s license
- College degree preferred / High school diploma or equivalent required
- PC experience preferred (RMS, Excel, etc.)
- Systems proficiency with SAP (Globe), RMS, etc.
- Travel required for role
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters? The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.