About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Multi Skilled Machine RepairApply Now Job Number 17001742 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Come be a part of a growing organization that takes pride in our people, the quality of our products, environmental responsibilities and being the #1 Food Company in the World!
For the seventh straight year, Nestle has been ranked as the number one consumer food products company in Fortune magazine's annual survey of The World's Best Companies for Leadership in a poll conducted by Hay Group as well as being named one of the America's Top 100 Ideal Employers in a 2012 University study. Nestle offers real potential for you to grow and move laterally within the best areas and divisions of our Company. We encourage our employees to contribute to the Company's success by enabling them to experience our diverse functions, divisions, brands and nationwide locations in a way that encourages flexibility in career paths.
As part of our Nestle Nutrition Company, our manufacturing facility in Fremont, MI produces high quality Gerber Baby Food Products. Other top selling Nestle Nutrition Brands include Power Bar, Jenny Craig, Boost, and Carnation Breakfast Essentials.
We are seeking several Multi-Skilled Machine RepairTechniciansto join our fast-paced team-focused staff in our unionized manufacturing facility.
Will be required to perform all job requirements and meet all qualifications as determined by management for an Mechanical Technician. Must be a Machine Repair or Maintenance Mechanic journeyman card holder. Perform duties under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, but works independently to perform installation, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting , repair, and/or design modification
- Defines routine maintenance inspections and planned overhauls for equipment based on frequencies, cycle counts or run hours to attain world class performance.
- Performs preventive, predictive and pre-emptive maintenance and routine inspections.
- Provides operational support assistance to engineers and operations.
- Specifies, organizes and maintains adequate spare parts to support the asset base.
- Participate in the development of project scopes, design of systems, and functional specifications.
- Must hold a Journeyman Card within Machine Repair or Maintenance Mechanic Trade.
- Job requires computer or other technical knowledge to be successful. Performs transactions and/or records information in a computer.
- High School Diploma or GED required as well as other trainings.
- 4-5 years of manufacturing maintenance experience.
- CMMS system experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Effective reading, writing, communication, and computer skills.
- Sound problem solving skills both in an individual and group.
- Proficient in troubleshooting.
- Proficient in the use of Hand Tools and Basic Power Tools (electrical and pneumatic).
- Proficient in Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, mass density.
At Nestlé Nutrition we are building a pioneering new organization at the cutting edge of nutritional science. We are not in the food-and-beverage business, nor in the pharmaceutical business. We are breaking new ground where both those worlds meet.
Nestlé Nutrition operates in three key business areas:
Infant Nutrition – baby food and infant formula to help infants and young children to grow and develop into healthy adults
Weight Management – personalized weight management programs to help consumers to lose weight and keep it off
Performance Nutrition – promoting peak mental and physical performance of athletes
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran