About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Multi-skilled ElectricianApply Now Job Number 18006828 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Come be a part of a growing organization that takes pride in our people, the quality of our products, environmental responsibilities and being the #1 Food Company in the World!
For the seventh straight year, Nestle has been ranked as the number one consumer food products company in Fortune magazine's annual survey of The World's Best Companies for Leadership in a poll conducted by Hay Group as well as being named one of the America's Top 100 Ideal Employers in a 2012 University study. Nestle offers real potential for you to grow and move laterally within the best areas and divisions of our Company. We encourage our employees to contribute to the Company's success by enabling them to experience our diverse functions, divisions, brands and nationwide locations in a way that encourages flexibility in career paths.
As part of our Nestle Nutrition Company, our manufacturing facility in Fremont, MI produces high quality Gerber Baby Food Products. Other top selling Nestle Nutrition Brands include Boost and Carnation Breakfast Essentials.
We are seeking a Multi-skilled Electrician to join our fast-paced team-focused staff in our unionized manufacturing facility.
• Attend necessary equipment/system training with the intent of becoming a Fremont Factory subject matter expert. Train and mentor Apprentices and peers in all new technologies learned.
• Service, installation, loop tuning, calibration, troubleshooting, development, implementation, repair, and maintenance of Fremont Factory instrumentation, control and electrical systems to attain “World Class” performance. Execute and manage calibration of factory instrumentation per Nestle Requirements.
• Support Projects by participating in the development of project scopes, design of systems, and functional specifications. Perform design reviews, factory acceptance testing, system start-ups and operational checkouts on systems including NEC compliance, safety compliance, configuration, wiring, calibration, validations, grounding and power quality testing. Specify, organize and maintain adequate spare parts for control and instrumentation systems. Assist with planning, coordinating and scheduling work with business units.
• Use and maintain technical materials such as equipment manuals, MSDS, Instrument database, system drawings, Process and Instrument Diagrams (PID's), schematics, and blue prints to troubleshoot and maintain systems. Maintain plant documentation in accordance with management of change procedures.
• Network and Communications maintenance, improvement and troubleshooting. Basic Computer Hardware, Operating System and Software troubleshooting.
• System/equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements for x-ray, vision systems, power distribution systems, robotics, and PLC/HMI based systems.
• Be responsible for all predictive and preventive maintenance activities and routine inspections of instruments, equipment, GFCI testing, installations, and portable equipment including all supporting documentation.
• Execute a Monthly Safety site walk to verify and document electrical system safety.
• Be responsible for developing and maintaining accurate documentation for the following; Electrical distribution systems, automation systems, control systems, instrumentation, ACAD drawings, bill of materials, PM activities.
Performs additional duties as assigned by Management or Team Leader(s).
All employees will support and participate in Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of their job responsibility within their Business Unit or as assigned within the factory.
Employee shall follow Fremont Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report unsafe conditions immediately, report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Job requires heavy computer or other technical knowledge to be successful. Performs transactions and/or records information in a computer. High School Diploma or GED required as well as other training. Must have a current State of Michigan Journeyman Electricians License. Must have/obtain an ISA CCST Level 1 Certificate or equivalent. The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to calibrate all instrumentation loops including temperature, pressure, flow, turbidity, weight, and mass density. Must agree to attend and pass required training classes, including (2) classes from Endress & Hauser related to Instrumentation.
Previous experience in a food manufacturing or manufacturing setting preferred.
Three years’ work experience as an Automation Technician or Instrument Technician is preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
• Effective reading, writing, communication, and computer skills.
• Ability to obtain necessary certifications/licenses.
• Should be proficient with troubleshooting and repairing PLC systems, primarily Allen-Bradley
• Electrical and electronic circuits (480V and below)
• Servo and motion controls troubleshooting and repair
• Field devices (instruments, I/O, Field Networks, Safety Switches, Motors, VFD’s, Valves, Pumps ….)
• Instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, turbidity, weight and mass density
• Pneumatic systems troubleshooting and repair
• Familiar with Control Database systems (Wonderware, Historian etc…)
• SCADA / HMI’s (with support)
• IT Infrastructure and network (ability to learn)
• MES and FFMW (ability to learn)
• ISA CCST Level 1Certification or equivalent
• Understanding of ISA symbols and PID loop drawings
• Ability to troubleshoot Process Systems, automation systems, and instrumentation
• Ability to maintain control system drawings and documentation such as “Bill of Material”
• Ability to develop and maintain Factory Specification documents
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.