About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Supply and Demand Planner (Inter-Market)Apply Now Job Number 17008399 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Florham Park, New Jersey
Gerber Products Company dbaNestlé Infant Nutrition seeking Supply and Demand Planner (Inter-market) to join its Supply Chain Team in Florham Park, NJ.
The Supply and Demand Planner - Inter-Market is responsible for planning the exports of Nestlé Nutrition products to export (Nestlé affiliate) markets such as Canada, Caribbean, and other countries in Latin America/Asia/Africa. Weekly planning of supply to maintain inventory between agreed minimum and maximum targets, through close liaison with the Supply Planning Managers and the export countries.
• Communicate and develop relationship with affiliate partners to effectively manage the planning issues
• Communication with Nestlé internal departments (Supply Planning, Factories, QA, Export Customer Service, Shipping/Transport, and Distribution Centers)
• Facilitate monthly KPI with Affiliates and identify continuous improvements.
• Implement and use of continuous improvement principles (LEAN &TPM) to drive results.
• Validate planning data sent by receiving markets, highlighting and checking significant increases/decreases in demand or in inventory levels
• Analyze stock inventory levels at the market distribution centers and identify/schedule production with manufacturing/supply planners based on minimum /maximum stock covers in SAP/APO.
• Provide visibility of forecast variability to large markets for immediate attention and action
• Collaborate with the markets/supply planners to identify correct stock policies for SKUs, taking into account production and transportation constraints.
• Proactively identify potential supply issues, ensure receiving countries are aware of supply constraints, and the US is aware of the impact on export countries.
• Highlight and work to resolve supply issues (potential out of stocks or over-stocks) in the receiving markets, and work on permanent solutions.
• Ensure the new launches are effectively planned and managed to ensure on-time launch deliveries.
• Ensure Discontinuation run outs and transition plans are well defined between Producing and Receiving Markets, to avoid write offs.
• Supports new business requests by checking capacity and freshness concerns prior to launch.
• Initiate/Maintain/ Review Partnership agreements and Product Briefs with all export markets.
• Maintain and update all necessary master data in SAP/APO of new, current, and discontinued SKUs for correct planning.
• Knowledge of SAP ERP Planning tool.
• Work with internal departments on continuous improvements.
• Work with Affiliates to evaluate opportunities for improvement.
• Identify issues, review all available options and make detailed recommendations for improvement.
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION LEVEL AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required (supply chain, business or similar field preferred)
• 3 years+ in supply chain planning, logistics, capacity planning and/or similar positions
• Food/CPG industry experience is strongly preferred
• Experience of the Import/Export and transportation functions is preferred
• Intermittent level of computer skills with knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point
• Proficient in SAP
• Delivering credible analytics with complex data
• Detailed oriented and strong communication skills
• Ability to perform and prioritize in a pressure environment
• Can handle complexity and ambiguity
• Allocate time efficiently to handle multiple demands and priorities
• Team player
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran