About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
QC Lab Technologist - Chemical/PhysicalApply Now Job Number 17001848 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. Conduct physical, qualitative, and quantitative Nutritional and Chemical Analyses of incoming materials, in-line samples, semi-finished product, and finished product in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Conduct sampling, inspection and audits.
HOURS: 3rd shift (Sun-Thurs 11pm-7:30am); schedule also includes working at least one weekend a month and being part of the schedule holiday rotation (1-2 holidays/year)
• Physical, qualitative, and quantitative Chemical and Nutritional examinations including, but not limited to, testing fat, protein, ash, moisture, solids, minerals, vitamins, enzymatic activity, SDS-PAGE profiles, , fatty acid profiles, solubility index, miscibility, state of dissolution, pH, identity analysis, viscosity, density, purity screening (foreign matter), dimensional parameters, package evaluation and other related physical and chemical characteristics. Sampling, inspection and audits.
• Prepares reviews, and reports results of inspections and physico-chemical analyses; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Review testing of current materials and dispositions accordingly
• Clean-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area
• Periodic maintenance and calibrations of analytical instrumentation and equipment
• Tracks, orders and stocks laboratory supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Chemistry, Food Technology, Biology, Microbiology or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical experience is an asset
• Expertise in chemical and nutritional analyses
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is preferred
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran