About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
QC Lab Technologist- 2nd ShiftApply Now Job Number 17005983 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a QC LabTechnologist- 2nd Shift at our Eau Claire, WI facility. This position will provide professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. Conduct Microbiological Sampling and Examinations of environmental samples, incoming materials, in-line samples, semi-finished product, and finished product in order to assess their conformance to established quality standards. Conduct sampling, inspection and audits.
• Microbiological sampling and examinations including, but not limited to testing aseptic and terminally sterilized low-acid nutritional beverages for adherence to commercial sterility standards by pour plate streak,& pHtesting Aerobic Plate Count, Enterobacteriaceae, Staphylococcus aureus & Coliforms, Escherichia coli, Bacillus cereus, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus reuteri &Real Time PCR,- Enterobacteriaceae, Cronobacter & Salmonella, and other related physical and biological characteristics. Sampling for Plant Environmental Monitoring & Media preparation for use in plating methodologies. Sampling, inspection and audits.
• Prepare, review, and report results of inspections, commercial sterility and microbiological analyses; maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Review testing of current materials and dispositions accordingly.
• Clean-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area
• Periodic maintenance and calibrations of analytical instrumentation and equipment
• Tracks, orders and stocks laboratory supplies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Microbiology, Biology, Food Technology, Chemistry or other related fields)
Preferred: Previous experience in another laboratory or microbiological experience is an asset
• Expertise in Microbiological analyses
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is preferred
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran