About Nestlé health science
Created in 2011 by the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company, Nestlé Health Science is a unique health science company focused on advancing the role nutrition plays in changing the course of health for consumers, patients and healthcare professionals. Focused on delivering quality-of-life benefits through nutritional solutions, we harness scientific and clinical advances to improve health through managed nutrition. With approximately 3,000 employees around the world and a global presence in about 50 markets, we invite you to impact the future of health with us.
Pilot Plant & Logistics ManagerApply Now Job Number 18000570 Company Nestle Health Science Location Bridgewater, New Jersey
Societies are ageing and ageand lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals, capturing this opportunity with safe, effective and cost-effective solutions and become a leader in the area of therapeutic nutrition.
NHSc isa wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, created in 2011. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from chemical and bio-medical engineers, food scientists to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
This Pilot Plant Manager will effectively lead, manage and oversee all activities in the Pilot Plant and Warehouse operations with primary responsibility for effectively planning, organizing, scheduling and executing pilot plant trials supporting product and technology development, while ensuring compliance with all required Company policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities: ·Plan in collaboration with the Product Development team and other relevant functions like Site Management, Pilot Plant and Warehouse operations to ensure efficient scheduling and execution of pilot plant trials.
·Plan in collaboration with the Product Development team and other relevant functions like Site Management, Pilot Plant and Warehouse operations to ensure efficient scheduling and execution of pilot plant trials.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- BS Degree in Chemical or Food Engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience (Operations/Production management; R&D environment a plus).
- Experience in people leadership and engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nestle process infrastructure and the associated process economics.
- Demonstrated technicalknowledgeinthePilotPlant technology, including engagement in the development and evaluation of new technologies.
- Knowledge of all government and Nestlé requirements for food processing, Safety, Quality and Compliance.
- Continuous improvement experience, specifically Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE); Six Sigma, Lean a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Understanding of support functions including budgeting, planning, safety, quality and human resources.
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management systems such as SAP.
- Learning Agility
- Advanced scientific degree preferred
- Broad range of technical knowledge outside area of specialty
- Plant capital project experience
In addition to the above, you have to demonstrate your ability to work constructively with everyone who contributes; to be open to fresh ideas and leverage diversity of backgrounds and experiences; and to act with integrity. You also have to demonstrate your ability to focus on what matters and make choices; to deliver against clear, actionable and measurable priorities, and to work with a lean and nimble mindset. Finally, you will have to demonstrate your ability to challenge the status quo and to help us change the way people view nutritional therapies in health management, with a can-do attitude and passion.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.