About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Packaging ManagerApply Now Job Number 17007735 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Bridgewater, New Jersey
Position is responsible for:
1) Developing and leading projects that drive profitable growth through implementation of Consumer/Customer Centric packaging solutions (Innovation & Renovation projects), competitive packaging technologies, systems and processes for Nestle Health Science MN & CC.
2) Providing expert support during industrialization, supporting deployment of packaging standards, assuring compliance to regulatory and/or Nestle requirements, and provide competency development/training to North America Nestle Factories (Eau Claire/Anderson/Waverly) and Co-manufacturers
3) Providing direct and indirect supervision and coaching to packaging associates across Nestle Health Science, North America.
• People & Know How – Hire, develop, mentor NHS packaging associates and provide opportunities for professional development/personal growth and ensure a solid succession plan is in place. Create synergies through effective internal or external networking.
• Innovation & Renovation - Work with cross-functional teams i.e. commercial, operations, NPTC/TCU/PCU, suppliers, and networks to identify opportunities for industrialization of packaging innovations/renovations. Provide leadership to the NHS packaging associates to ensure on time/on budget delivery of projects
• Operations Support - Administer and coordinate NHS CTAG packaging development & implementation in manufacturing locations supporting NHS, including project management/NPDI, factory trial support, implementation/qualification of new/modified packging materials, and packaging standards in order to drive for lower Total Delivered Costs.
• Safety, Quality, & Compliance - Assure packaging solution(s) complies with applicable regulatory and NHS quality standards (i.e. CoC’s, monitoring plans, emerging concerns…)
• Packaging Specifications - Support the Anderson and Waverly operations with implementation of Tech Packaging Recipes
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- BS Packaging Technology or related discipline.
- 7-10 years manufacturing experience in food packaging development and experience with aseptic, and/or thermal processing
- Up to 25% travel is required.
• Proficient in people management and procedures
• Demonstrate strong administrative, leadership, and project management skills
• Ability to communicate and influence internally (factories and commercial teams), and externally (incl. suppliers and contractors)
• Takes initiative, makes effective use of everyone’s time, and strives to achieve timely solutions
• Ability to challenge associates to in reaching their targets
• Understanding business strategy, financial objectives and KPIs
• Understanding of related functions and their role (Quality, Engineering, R&D, Procurement, Supply Chain etc.)
• Knowledge of EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, understanding of MS PROJECT preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable packaging laws and regulations (i.e. cGMP’s, FDA, USDA).
• Skilled in the principles of aseptic & terminal thermal processing as it relates to packaging materials.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran