As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
The Fleet Technician Apprentice’s primary function is to assist other technicians with preventative and corrective maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment including gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air brakes, forklifts, tankers and trailers.
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on gas, propane, electric and diesel engines and drive train components.
- Fabricates and welds critical suspension and chassis components.
- Handles all aspects of shop operations including, but not limited to, completing automated work orders, processing invoices, parts ordering, inventory control, customer service and communication, direct and indirect
labor accountability, and ensuring quality control and shop safety.
- Road tests all completed work for quality and adherence to established procedures/specifications.
- Knowledge of proper procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Trains less experienced employees in correct technical repair procedures in team concept maintenance.
- Performs shop clean-up and housekeeping responsibilities as well as other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications Include:
- Must meet requirements and demonstrate ability to perform duties of the lower technician’s classifications in an efficient, safe, and expeditious manner.
- Should have completed a minimum two years technical education with an AA degree or be enrolled in an ongoing recognized technical training program designed to provide practical application of current automotive repair techniques, or have two years hands-on experience.
- Maintains a neat and orderly appearance at all times, wearing prescribed uniform and appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintain personal grooming in compliance with the prescribed dress code.
- Must have adequate inventory of tools to perform required repairs and maintenance.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license (Class A or B), with a current DOT medical certification and provide, or take and provide, proof of passing the ASE T4 Brake Test within specified time.
- Must be experienced in diesel engine repair, hydraulic systems, drive train assemblies, suspension chassis components, electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be skilled in fabrication welding, including aluminum welding.
- Must perform all functions of work
in accordance with Nestlé Waters’ policy and procedures, in particular regard to safety, quality control and productivity.
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestle Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company, offering consumers a variety of portable, calorie-free bottled waters, including Poland Spring (insert local spring brand) and other natural spring water brands; Nestle Pure Life, a nationally distributed purified bottled water; and international brands, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Nestle Waters North America is committed to creating shared value for society. It does so through healthy hydration, jobs and benefits to communities where it operates, and environmental stewardship, most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in our operations. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Nestle Waters Direct and our trusted brands are well known throughout the United States by our familiar trucks and courteous, dedicated service experts that deliver pure, refreshing bottled water to places where people live, work and shop. Through presence, flexibility and innovation, we satisfy consumer and business needs for convenience, health and wellness.
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com.
You can find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.