Aside from its 300 days of annual sunshine, breathtaking scenery and remaining a mecca for some of the country’s best brews, Denver has consistently ranked in the ‘Top 10 pet-loving cities’ and ‘Top 5 dog-friendly cities’ year over year. Purina has a proud presence in this mile-high city, having been in operation since 1930. Its first 42 years in operation were primarily to produce livestock feed until the plant transitioned into a pet food-only manufacturer in 1972. Since then, the location became the first-ever pet food factory to utilize solar energy. To date, we’re proud to sustainably produce 260,134 tons annually of Dog Chow®, Cat Chow®, Kit n Kaboodle®, Alpo®, Beneful®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina ONE® and Pro Plan®.
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a ‘safety first’ culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality.
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company located in Denver, Colorado has an immediate opening for a Storeroom & Receiving Coordinator in our Maintenance Department.
This position is a SALARY – NON-EXEMPT position.
This position maintains stocks, receives, ships, and disburses storeroom and all maintenance related items. In conjunction with the Maintenance Purchasing Coordinator this position is also responsible for storeroom inventories and the overall condition of the storeroom, enabling the maintenance department to perform their functions promptly and efficiently. Process purchase order receipts and all related paperwork according to Nestle Purina PetCare Company standards and deliver to Accounting department. Insure that proper and prompt notification is made regarding items received.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Issue materials from spare parts inventory to maintenance department as efficiently as possible and must insure that all inventory withdrawal procedures are properly followed.
* Dispense needed production items to ensure a smooth operation.
* Send out plant items in need of repair and requisition replacement items as needed.
* Receive and count all parts, machinery, capital equipment, and maintenance materials from incoming deliveries to ensure accuracy of computerized inventory receipts.
* Responsible for restocking shelves with items received and clearly marking & delivering of all parts and equipment to the proper department or storage area. Also notify of receipt to proper Team Leader. Parts should be delivered to their destination within the plant once per day. Any RUSH parts; the requisitioner is to be notified on arrival.
* Record and track all outgoing materials, including all repairable components and tools. Maintains good filing system with regard to parts out for repair.
* Maintain continuous inventory records of all part transactions and work with Maintenance Team Leaders and Maintenance Manager to remove inactive parts, overstocks, and parts associated with equipment no longer in use.
* Operate department computer system, including inventory material receipts, data entry and retrieval, updates, descriptions, credit returns, and routine issue of parts in inventory. Maintain database in a manner that is usable and presentable to all maintenance and engineering personnel.
* Deliver material to satellite storerooms, stage materials in the staging area for planned jobs. Maintains satellite storerooms, including remote storage lot. Continual organization includes shipping and receiving docks.
* Responsible for cycle counting all storeroom and staging areas: Cycle count A parts and Capitalized Parts – Quarterly; B parts – Semi-Annual; C parts – Annually
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for making any runs in the company truck as necessary to pick up parts and supplies in an emergency situation.
* Insures that all MSDS sheets are delivered to Safety Manager.
* Must be forklift qualified
* Assumes all other duties as assigned by reporting Manager/Team Leader.
* Must have the ability to come to work in a timely and consistent manner.
* Must be able to get along well with others.
* Must be able to work under supervision.
* Must complete work on time and be able to meet deadlines as necessary.
* Must be able to work under routine stress as dictated by the job requirements/responsibilities.
High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 years’ experience or equivalent education.
Specific training in our maintenance management software, PC, Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
SAP experience is preferred.
Two years of experience in storeroom, purchasing and/or receiving environment.
Manufacturing maintenance experience preferred.
Must be capable of operating a forklift and have a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran