About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Quality Assurance SpecialistApply Now Job Number 17008213 Company Nestle Nutrition Location , Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a highly motivated Quality Assurance Specialist to be based in Eau Claire, WI.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is the key Quality representative at the Business Unit Daily Operational Review (DOR). This position is responsible for driving continuous improvement throughout the factory, the Quality Monitoring System (QMS) review and implementation, Non-Conformance Investigations, Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) support throughout the factory, and other quality tasks as needed. This person serves as the back-up to the Quality Production Supervisor.
• Quality Control Activities – Supports the Business Unit as the Food Safety/Quality representative at the Business Unit Daily Operational Review. Coordinates investigations to drive issues impacting Quality KPIs by determining root cause, corrective actions and preventative actions. Conducts training for key business unit team members (Local Committee and Work Groups) to ensure that the proper knowledge base is present. Completes an annual QMS review to assure documentation alignment to practices.
• Quality Guardianship – Notify appropriate production personnel/management of deviations, non-conformances and blocked product.
• People and Know-How – Support Production in the achievement of their objectives. Contribute to the development of competence of operators. Promote quality awareness and commitment to quality across the unit through effective coaching of the QMS and quality standards.
• Quality System – Support and update quality procedures, work instructions and tools for the Business unit. Support operational objectives in collaboration with the Factory Quality Manager.
• Quality Mastership – Support Nestle Continuous Excellence program in the quest for zero defect. Support activities to achieve compliance with Nestle Quality Management System requirements and other applicable instructions and standards. Identify non-conformance issues and coordinate Quality/Food Safety risk analysis, lead/support investigations (GSTD), to recommend proper disposition of associated product.
• Quality Auditing and Verification – Support Business Unit readiness for internal and external audits. Support Management of Change (MOC) implementation as needed.
• Providing support to other quality systems within the plant as assigned.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
Bachelors degree (preferred microbiology, chemistry or food science).
Exposure to different jobs within the Business unit (production, maintenance) or within Quality (Quality Specialist).
Minimum of 3-5 years of related Quality experience
Different exposure (e.g. Mission, Special Projects etc).
1. Leadership and people development skills
2. Local language and English language written and spoken.
3. Able to set priorities and delegate activities.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran