About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Senior Category ManagerApply Now Job Number 18000796 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Stamford, Connecticut
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
An essential element of our ongoing growth, the Commercial team at Nestlé Waters is the perfect place for ambitious and aspiring individuals to achieve their dreams while building fulfilling careers. Roles on the Commercial team include sales and account professionals and all offer the chance to truly impact our business at our hundreds of Retail partners. Pair this with the support you need to work with confidence – and triumph in everything you do and you have a winning combination. Join this part of Nestlé Waters, and you’ll be able to use your talent to have a direct and meaningful impact on our success as you deliver healthy hydration to millions of our customers. Not only that, but you’ll discover your accomplishments are recognized with a range of outstanding benefits designed to help you prosper both at work and outside of work.
We are currently seeking a Senior Category Manager reporting to the Group Manager, Channel Development. This position will be preferably located in our Stamford CT office (remote is OK for qualified candidates), and will be responsible for leading the Channels in the promotion of Category & Nestlé Waters growth through the analysis of sales & shopper data, creation of actionable insights, and presentation of recommendations to retail customers.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Define strategies and plans that deliver Category/sub Category growth based on consumer, shopper and customer requirements.
• Develop learning agenda/primary research needs along with data/technological requirements necessary to drive profitable growth for NWNA and the Category.
• Synthesize data from a multitude of sources to provide insights and recommendations on customer, channel, and category strategy. Recommend actionable in-store solutions based on a clear understanding of the analysis.
• Assist in the sell-in of new items and strategies at retail, including execution of national messaging platforms.
• Be seen as a trusted advisor, offering category centric recommendations to internal stakeholders (Channel VPs/Division Managers) and the Customer.
• Build a high performing team. Develop & coach direct reports. Ensure PDP discussions are conducted with quality and on time (including succession plans and training plans). Communicate corporate priorities and build alignment among team members.
• Execute customer engagement plans that enable effective delivery of category roadmap messaging, as well as develop and deliver content that engages and supports beverage thought leadership opportunities that increase macro space.
• Ensure adherence to all company principles and policies.
• Firsthand knowledge of category management data, space management, concepts and processes
• Exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI) Measures and systems
• Shopper Data: Shopper Card metrics and Homescan Panel Data
• Presentation skills: present data accurately and with credibility
• Interaction with customers and customer managers
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working as category manager for $1B+ CPG company
• Travel: 25%
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.