ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Scientific Events & Program Specialist-Purina InstituteApply Now Job Number 18008137 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Saint Louis, Missouri
The Purina Institute is a new global brand which serves as the ‘voice of the science’ for all stakeholders. This position is responsible for the management of a new state-of-the-art ‘Purina Institute Conference and Education Facility’, including an interactive Scientific Exhibit which communicates Purina’s leadership in nutritional science and how our nutritional technologies are changing the lives of cats and dogs around the world.
The position will serve as the 'face’ of the Purina Institute for all visitors (internal and external), executing the brand with excellence and in all communications and providing a second to none experience. Responsible to lead and organize the logistics for all events and meetings, the role has full budget management responsibility as well as being the primary contact for all suppliers, vendors and services associated with the Purina Institute facility. If you have experience in managing events or conferences, are highly detailed and organized and have an out- going personality and want to join a new start – up function – we would love to talk to you!
Job Responsibilities and Priorities:
• Schedule and manage all events in the facility with timely communications to all stakeholders:
• Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of facility, including cleaning, repairs, and equipment (excluding AV)
• Provide logistical support for scheduled guests as outlined in the Purina Institute utilization strategy document
• Report and measure customer satisfaction and space utilization for continuous improvement on a bi-monthly basis
• Manage the Facility budget and report status on a monthly basis, providing timely updates / reports relating to any budget issues.
• Provide administrative support to the entire Purina Institute team including providing financial and budget support as the liaison with the R&D finance department on all finance related processes and requests
• Internal events: Manage Purina Institute led events in the facility e.g. Meet the Scientists, Vet Advisory Panel etc. Includes logistics of scheduling, catering, liaison with IT / AV providers etc.
• External Events: Provide support for external Purina Institute led events when required (additional to management from Travel & Meeting Department) e.g. organizing travel for external guests, arranging honoraria & associated payments.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
• This position receives direction/supervision from the Scientific Events and Programs Manager of the Purina Institute
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
• High School degree or GED equivalent. Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification preferred
• Five (5) plus years’ experience in conference and/or large scale meeting management (in a business environment) which includes planning and coordinating all meeting details regarding food and beverage, room setup, audio visual and materials as well as negotiating/managing external vendors/contracts for catering, furniture rentals, etc.
• Experience in Outlook (scheduling meetings for themselves and others), Word, Excel (must be able to create and maintain spreadsheets with formulas) and PowerPoint (must be able to create and edit PowerPoint presentations).
• Preferred working knowledge of system to bill-back customers electronically.
• One (1) year plus experience with meeting reservation system preferred.
• On occasion, will need to be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule based on event start and end times.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran