ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Regional Database Team Lead (Oracle/SQL)Apply Now Job Number 17008266 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Saint Louis, Missouri
- Responsible for leading a team of database specialists and 3rd party support teams to include performance management and coaching and developing.
- Assists team members in the execution of tasks to meet corporate objectives and project deadlines.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate associates.
- Oversees the global database platform performance and maintenance.
- Manage resource matrix and assign appropriate skills according to the planned work.
- Service Delivery: Delivery of Regional and Global Operational services according to agree upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and that are compliant to GLOBE Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
- Ensure the ongoing proactive maintenance of all Landscapes and Solutions, including proactive problem diagnosis and resolutions.
- Ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day to day operations.
- Analyze internal incidents and metrics for trends, highlighting any gaps or opportunities in the technical support procedures, and partner with team lead counterparts and/or Design & Build teams for action.
- Partner with Regional Team Lead counterparts and Offshore Team Leads to maintain a structured and methodical approach for the support of Landscapes and Solutions.
- Ensure that the 2nd level and 3rd support (onsite and offshore) to guarantee the durability and stability of the services in line with processes are respected.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline is preferred.
- 7 or more years of experience providing product support of Oracle RDBMS and SQL on a UNIX and Windows platform. 10 or more years of experience preferred.
- 2 or more years of people leadership experience.
- Experience in Oracle RAC preferred.
- Experience in Exalytics or Exadata preferred.
- Exposure to Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control is preferred.
- General Management skills
- Solid understanding of managing solutions and applications
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong facilitation skills
- Coaching and Feedback skills
- Budget Management and Cost Controlling
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran