ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Veterinary TechnicianApply Now Job Number 17008503 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location St. Joseph, Missouri
This position is responsible for organizing and performing the necessary support work related to the health and welfare of the pets in the facility under general supervision.
1. Knowledge of and compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and all Nestlé Purina PetCare procedures and protocols
2. Perform pet care procedures as follows:
- Perform daily rounds & assist with routine veterinary care of the pets
- Perform husbandry duties to ensure the health and wellness of the pets
- Provide care of pets in clinic
- Organize & perform dental care program
- Contact & assist relief vets when needed
3. Maintain necessary pet health records
4. Maintenance of veterinary suite and associated areas:
- Maintain safe, sanitary & orderly work area
5. Responsible for inventory control and record keeping
6. Practice safety in the work area
- Actively participate in training and skill development as needed
- Weekend and Holiday work
- Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
- Supervision received from the Veterinary Clinic Supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology
- Licensed Veterinary Technologist in the State of Missouri
- Skillful at handling pets
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Good interpersonal, communication, organization, and math skills
- Computer literacy
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Advanced training or experience in animal science, veterinary technology, or animal handling, grooming, or behavior
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran