ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Maintenance Technician TraineeApply Now Job Number 17008028 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location St. Joseph, Missouri
This position is responsible for obtaining on the job training and experience to perform basic maintenance functions while working under the direct supervision of a senior maintenance technician or the site services/maintenance manager.
1. Plan, organize and perform required maintenance/installation activity as required
2. Develop a working knowledge of process equipment and provide maintenance as required
3. Develop a working knowledge of electrical and instrumentation systems
4. Assist with maintaining inventory in parts cage and remote locations
5. Assist with purchasing functions in order to maintain inventories
6. Participate in electrical installations as required
7. Source and purchase parts & materials necessary for maintenance activities
8. Comply with building codes and accepted practices for electrical, plumbing, and HVAC work
9. Develop a working knowledge of building equipment and systems
10. Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
11. Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work area
12. Participation in a trade school or on-line courses covering skilled trades.
13. Travel as required for training
14. Practice safety in the work area
• Actively participate in cross training, as needed as well as learning new skills required due to technology advances
• Participation in a trade school or on-line courses covering skilled trades for continued skill development.
• Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
• Receives supervision from the Maintenance Manager and /or a senior maintenance technician.
• High School Diploma (or GED)
• Strong mechanical & electrical aptitude
• Good teamwork, interpersonal, communication, organization, and math skills
• Computer literacy
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Advanced training/apprenticeships in one or more of the skilled trades
• PLC knowledge and experience
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran