ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Leave of Absence AnalystApply Now Job Number 18002719 Company Nestle USA Location Solon, Ohio
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and the city of Cleveland, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area was ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the US by Forbes Magazine? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
Leave Management Specialist administers and is the subject matter expert on all types of leaves of absence and will be responsible for the daily management and maintenance of Short Term Disability (STD) claims, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Military (USERRA), WC-FMLA and Personal leaves of absence for all salaried and many hourly employees across multiple Operating Companies as well as Parent Support Policy where applicable. The Leave Specialist works proactively and independently to manage, calculate and process disability pay, PSP pay and state sponsored disability pay within multiple systems.
• Single point of contact for employees on STD/ FMLA, STD/Non-FMLA, Military and Personal leaves of absence; establishes rapport, guides, communicates and supports the EE through the leave process. Builds effective relationships with Operating Company's HR, other Nestlé teams, and applicable third party vendors.
• Interprets and understands all relevant and required documentation for certifying or denying FMLA, STD/Non-FMLA, WC FMLA, Military and Personal leaves according to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Also must be able to discern when to pend a decision on FMLA based on receipt of additional medical documentation. Is required to research leave laws, interpret the applicable laws and apply findings to determine applicable coordination between state and Federal law.
• Functions as liaison with Nestlé disability vendor to ensure accurate and complete information has been provided regarding the employee's Short Term Disability claim and manages and calculates employee pay with initial claim approval and any subsequent claim extensions. Must be able to determine when suspending STD pay is appropriate based on STD approval grace periods and effectively manage those conversations with employees. Prepares, maintains and manages an employee's leave of absence record in SAP, their pay and FMLA time taken in Kronos and status of leave in a separate Leave Management tool from inception to conclusion, following approved Standard Routines and Federal/State laws as well as direction from legal on a case by case basis.
• Provides timely and accurate information and responses to employees, HR and management on Nestlé benefit programs, as they relate to Short Term Disability, Family Medical Leave, STD and leave status.
• Maintains a solid working knowledge of Nestlé's policies on all Leave of Absence types, STD and Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Uniform Services Employee Reinstatement Rights Act (USERRA). Keeps updated on current industry practices, developments, and government regulations pertaining to FMLA, USERRA and other legal issues related to employee leave provisions. Attends FMLA, ADAAA and other applicable conferences or webinars as assigned.
• Identifies issues and concerns as they arise and proactively develops and executes a plan for resolution.
• Communicates effectively with a high level of customer service and maintains professional working relationships within Nestlé (Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, and Legal) and other third-party vendors.
• Fully participates in continuous improvement (NCE) and is responsible for driving improvements through NCE activities and initiatives.
• Serves as back up for other Leave Management Representatives.
• Works on special projects as assigned by management.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Three years of HR, Benefits or Leave Management experience with knowledge of all aspects of Short Term disability (STD), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Uniformed Services Employment Reinstatement Rights Act (USERRA) as well as State and Federal specific leave laws.
• Knowledge of disability claims processing and daily administration of STD and FMLA, Military, Personal and Sabbatical leaves of absences.
• Must have experience working in fast paced, high volume environment.
• Payroll experience preferred and the ability to perform complex calculations to offset SDI and payments applicable to Parent Support Policy
• Experience using SAP, Kronos and Leave of Absence system (preferred) or other HR/Payroll system.
• Excellent customer service orientation skill set, ability to build strong relationships with HR in field locations and disability vendor, strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate leave process and address questions with all employees.
• Knowledge using Excel, Word and Power Point at intermediate level.
• Ability to understand and interpret Federal and State leave laws and correctly apply them to applicable LOA's.
• Act as facilitator for internal training of HR on Leave processes.
• Must be able to manage caseload of up to 120 – 150 leaves at all times.
• Ability to understand state sponsored STD plans and correctly coordinate these plans with Nestle STD and an EE's pay to calculate appropriate pay amount.
• Must have sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure and be results focused.
• Must work with a sense of urgency and have the ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner in compliance with all confidentiality and Federal laws. Can handle demands from multiple customers and has the ability to efficiently prioritize.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams/organizations with attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Flexible and has the capability to deliver results in a fast paced, and high volume environment.
• Technical payroll competency, including STD payments, state disability payments and Parent Support Policy calculations & payments.
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment and multi-task priorities.
• Ability to create and execute communication, process documentation and training materials for area of responsibility.
• Strong organizational aptitude with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure, demonstrating a high sense of urgency
• Strong interpersonal skills with a can-do, positive attitude.
• Willingness to accept change, be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments.
• Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Ability to focus on customer needs with a commitment to quality and customer service. Ability to react quickly to customer needs. Flexible, with the capability to deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, complex, diverse environment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.